Lowest Cost Color Printer Based on Ink/Laser Cartridge

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I tried to search because a fellow posted about a low cost source of ink or laser catridges. I cannot find the post.

I know some reps here like Brother printers and combo printers. I am looking for lowest cost when printing color. Thanks. :)

Monoprice.com is great for toner refills. I get laserjet toners for $17-25 depending on which printer they're for. Staples charges $75-90 for the same ones.

By far the cheapest color printer is the xerox solid ink printer. The generic solid ink is like a couple bucks a color, but xerox also has a plan where if you print a certain number of pages a month and buy the xerox branded ink, (which still is REALLY cheap) you can get the printer for free.

I have a b/w brother dcp7040, and it is rock solid. I bet their color variants are just as good.

This is maybe the least disappointing piece of electronics I've had in years.

.:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began

The Epson 610 is a printer that I use myself. The #97 black ink cartridge holds about 26 ml of black ink (which is good for about 900 prints).

When you order it from the above vendor, he includes his "Continuous Ink System". Basically, the cartridges are self-resetting and refillable - allowing you to greatly reduce your printing costs.

The dye-based ink is only $4 for 100ml. That's worth about 3,400 pages. $4 / 3,400 pages = $.0012 per page (that's 1/10 of a penny).

I haven't found ANYTHING cheaper with this same print quality with such a small outlay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To opt for the Xerox or other more expensive printer options, you should really look at how much printing you're doing, and the quality.

My favorite laser is the Brother MFC-9840CDW. The high yield color cartridges are about $100 each and yield about 4,000 prints each (approx 5% page coverage) and the black one is $70 for 5,000 prints. The scanner will also scan duplex for letter size scanning.

Last edited:
.:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began

The Epson 610 is a printer that I use myself. The #97 black ink cartridge holds about 26 ml of black ink (which is good for about 900 prints).

When you order it from the above vendor, he includes his "Continuous Ink System". Basically, the cartridges are self-resetting and refillable - allowing you to greatly reduce your printing costs.

The dye-based ink is only $4 for 100ml. That's worth about 3,400 pages. $4 / 3,400 pages = $.0012 per page (that's 1/10 of a penny).

I haven't found ANYTHING cheaper with this same print quality with such a small outlay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To opt for the Xerox or other more expensive printer options, you should really look at how much printing you're doing, and the quality.

My favorite laser is the Brother MFC-9840CDW. The high yield color cartridges are about $100 each and yield about 4,000 prints each (approx 5% page coverage) and the black one is $70 for 5,000 prints. The scanner will also scan duplex for letter size scanning.

Wow! That is crazy cheap. Any ideas about color? Thanks.

If you print a lot of color, the good thing about the xerox is that it's ink and not toner. Take a look at a picture printed with toner and you'll see what I mean.

Back