Loyal Christian Medicare Supplement

BOPAS123

Beware of this new med supp carrier in Maryland. They have low premiums but do not pay commissions timely. Placed one appl and got paid in 2 weeks and placed another appl and am being paid, as told, end of month which equals over 5 weeks due to interest they charge on the advance??? Never heard of a carrier doing this before and will not write for them any longer. And, commissions person never answers and does not return calls.

Beware of this new med supp carrier in Maryland. They have low premiums but do not pay commissions timely. Placed one appl and got paid in 2 weeks and placed another appl and am being paid, as told, end of month which equals over 5 weeks due to interest they charge on the advance??? Never heard of a carrier doing this before and will not write for them any longer. And, commissions person never answers and does not return calls.
Picked them up awhile ago, but havn't used them. Hate having to ask them, "Are you a Christian?"

Are they still offering a $100 bonus on each issued app?

Maybe the Medigap business isn't for you if you are ready to bail after 2 apps.

I have probably 10 carriers. Only one pays weekly, the others monthly. None pay until the policy is funded.

I have been writing Medigap policies since 2000. I carry every insurance carrier in the state of Maryland where I write business. More than 10 by the way.
This company is the only one that I have seen that holds your commissions against advancing. Don't be so quick to send your opinion is you don't know all the facts please!!!

I've been using them a lot and love them. Easy to work with and I like the approval at the end of the POS PHI. I don't have any problems getting paid...several times I've had the money in my account in 3 days, depending on what day of the week they draft.:yes:

----------

I have been writing Medigap policies since 2000. I carry every insurance carrier in the state of Maryland where I write business. More than 10 by the way.
This company is the only one that I have seen that holds your commissions against advancing. Don't be so quick to send your opinion is you don't know all the facts please!!!

I carry around 20 companies and I wish they were all as easy to work with as LCBA! I don't know what you're going on about the advancing...I get advanced 12 months. Maybe you should look at your upline for the answer to the advancing. The biggest problem I have with them is they cut the commissions at age 76.

----------

Picked them up awhile ago, but havn't used them. Hate having to ask them, "Are you a Christian?"

Are they still offering a $100 bonus on each issued app?

You should try them out..great for phone sales. The Christian question has actually gotten ne at least one extra sale.

More companies are doing the Christian question. Thrivent in Med Supps and KSKJ in FE.

I must've picked them up after the $100 bonus, damn it.

Excuse me. Don't recall ever seeing someone in the business for almost 17 years that is taking commission advances and whining about a carrier that is supposedly a few weeks late in paying commissions.

You sounded like you were hard up for money and I responded appropriately.

Excuse me. Don't recall ever seeing someone in the business for almost 17 years that is taking commission advances and whining about a carrier that is supposedly a few weeks late in paying commissions.

You sounded like you were hard up for money and I responded appropriately.

Exactly my thought. When I switched gears and got on med supps full time I was off advances within 3-4 years at the most.

I must say, I really like LCBA. I got on board with them back in June, and have done about 45K AP since then. I opted to take the 12 month advance. They do charge interest, but it's about the same as other top carriers. The commissions dont pay immediately, but I always get the money that is owed, and it seems to be timely. I like the paper app as well as the e-app. Most of my business has been OE, so Ive only used the PHI a couple times, but it seems fairly simple.

The christian question on the app was a bit strange at first, but I really think it has to do with how you position it. Just show the customer 2 options, one LCBA and one other, and let them choose. I have received a favorable response from people because of the question, and it has led to referrals.

Goillini52, it was $50 bonus on business written prior to sept 30, paid after policy in force 30 days.

They are administered by Equitable and pay Commissions in the same manner. They wait a few days after the draft clears to pay commissions on new business, no different than Equitable, IAC or Heartland.

Most Medicare Supplement companies charge interest on advance balance and you really shouldn't get advance if they charge interest (you're giving money away). LCBA pays 3 business days after the draft day (just like IAC and Equitable) and they pay daily. Also, very few companies will give you a point of sale decision and a policy number. I love IAC, Equitable and LCBA for that...

Back