LTC articles for clients

Tothetop

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm looking for some LTC articles to hand to some hopeful clients. I'm trying to create a packet of information for example: anything newsworthy or maybe a well written article about estate planning involving ltc or the responsibility of having a policy for the sake of your loved ones.

I want something that would particularly inspire a successful male to own a policy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm looking for some LTC articles to hand to some hopeful clients. I'm trying to create a packet of information for example: anything newsworthy or maybe a well written article about estate planning involving ltc or the responsibility of having a policy for the sake of your loved ones.

I want something that would particularly inspire a successful male to own a policy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I would write it myself. See if you can get a media outlet to publish and link back to your website. Worst case, publish on your own site and include it in your packet.

That takes some work but will be much more authoritative.

You could show them any number of articles written by the LTC experts from this site but then your client may just go to them instead.

Control your own expertise and authority.

It will help your credibility immensely.

Lastly, if you don't go that route, subscribe to lifehappens.org and you can custom brand their LTC materials. They have a few great pieces that are generic.

Good luck.

I would write it myself. See if you can get a media outlet to publish and link back to your website. Worst case, publish on your own site and include it in your packet.

You could show them any number of articles written by the LTC experts from this site but then your client may just go to them instead.

Lastly, if you don't go that route, subscribe to lifehappens.org and you can custom brand their LTC materials. They have a few great pieces that are generic.

Good luck.

Great advice Ray.

The best inspiration will be the act of taking care of an aging parent. 3rd party articles will rarely be a catalyst towards policy ownership. Conversations will write 100x more business than packets of information.

I was listening to a seminar where the speaker said if you are trying to generate interest in ltc you need to explain the consequence rather than the risk for folks who have zero experience whatsoever.

That is what I was aiming to do in regards to getting more leads. Start a conversation. Give them a little info to chew on the form of an article than followup with a call back.

Most people we talk to about ltc are self nominators. People who have the experience or who are either old or unhealthy or both who now see the need but wont qualify.

Im trying to find the folks who want it just because they want to be responsible and not have their kids stop their lives to take care of them or force their spouse to do so, regardless if they ever had the experience. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Good luck.

Great response and I definitely appreciate the input. I have been selling mostly by introductions and referrals the last 6 years in NY. I have zero internet presence in regards to blogging and seo.

A website for me is simply an online business card. I contemplated it before and attempted to try it. I even have about 3 2,000 word articles sitting on my comp from when I considered seo and blogging.

However I realized that it is not the business model that I enjoy the most. I like local office business. If I can get that authoritative angle without having to publish somethkng online that would be great.

I will do what you said and write something up myself and try to figure out a way to use it to make me look more authoritative.

Back