LTC Marketing

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've searched LTC forum and haven't seen any recent posts focused on how to build a LTC book of business. It looks like DM isn't great according to forum for LTC. So, are you guys doing internet leads, etc?
What ages do you focus on?

I've searched LTC forum and haven't seen any recent posts focused on how to build a LTC book of business. It looks like DM isn't great according to forum for LTC. So, are you guys doing internet leads, etc?

Previously posted under Direct Mail Marketing

I've been using LTC specific direct mail for 13 years. Years ago my response rates were 4%-5%, today it's less than 1%.

However, those that return the mailer have at least some interest in reviewing their options (or wouldn't take the time to fill out the card and mail it) and know upfront that they'll be contacted by someone to discuss LTCi.

I find better qualified prospects with direct mail than other forms of marketing.

My target demographics are ages 45-65 with a household income of at least $75,000.

------------------------------------

So leads are more apt to meet than say a FE or med supp lead?
Do you find yourself at least being able to cross sell life, etc?
I like the age demographic that you use...40-60 is my target for this years' marketing.
What states do you work mailers?

previously posted by jmarkk1

So leads are more apt to meet than say a FE or med supp lead?
Do you find yourself at least being able to cross sell life, etc?
I like the age demographic that you use...40-60 is my target for this years' marketing.
What states do you work mailers?

I live & work in Westchester County, NY. For referrals I'll travel anywhere.
I don't do FE or Med-Supps.
95% LTC & 5% Life with an occasional annuity in the mix.

The reason I asked about where you mailed is because I wonder if the response rate being less than 1% being a state or multi-state average.

Most of my traffic is driven through my website. Ages 40-70 is typical age of inquiries. Direct mail can work as Arthur has stated. The most important thing is for you to become an expert in long term care insurance policies and LTC underwriting, if you have not done so already. Once you understand the issues, and are fluent in communicating the issues to your clients you will be able to build your book naturally.

I understand importance of becoming the expert...just wanting to know how to get clients, etc

previously posted by CALTCAgent

When do you usually set your appointments?
That demographic is usually working during the day.

I run about 50% of my appointments during the day and 50% in the evenings around 7:00 PM.

Depends whether they're working or retired. My day appointments are usually at 10:00 AM. 75% of all my appointments are within 30 minutes of my home.

previously posted by emptyenternity

I would figure house value would be a more reliable filter than income...

I'm really not too concerned with house values in my area. A home owner in Weschester county usually doesn't own a home with a value of less than $500,000. And, I do see alot of renters as well. I'm more concerned with income to be sure they can afford the premium.

Back