LTC Seminar

toc3

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi All,

I am thinking about doing a small group presentation. I'm not talking about an employer group. I'm talking about advertising in a local paper for prospects that want to come to a small 15-20 people gathering to hear about how LTCi works and the benefits of such. I live in a retirement community with lots of boomers.
Has anyone done anything like this before? Did it produce? Any advice?

The multiplier methods agents will learn include how to engage business owners, human resource managers, and association directors in the enrollment of many people at one time. The seminar will also offer guidelines on alliance marketing: working with accountants, bankers and others to reach large numbers mutually.
Long-term care insurance has been available since the 1980's and is now a multi-billion dollar industry. More than 100 companies offer coverage, some of which have decades of LTCI experience, while others are relatively new to the LTCI business (American Health Insurance Plans, 2004). Depending on which policy options are selected and the individual's age when the policy is purchased, premiums for LTCI can vary considerably and can be very expensive (Lown & Palmer, 2004). Additionally, agent commissions can significantly add to the cost of LTCI. Consumer Reports states "agents can reap hefty commissions-50 percent of your first year's premium and 10 percent of your payment for every succeeding year" (Consumer Union, 2003).

Term life insurance

Hi All,

I am thinking about doing a small group presentation. I'm not talking about an employer group. I'm talking about advertising in a local paper for prospects that want to come to a small 15-20 people gathering to hear about how LTCi works and the benefits of such. I live in a retirement community with lots of boomers.
Has anyone done anything like this before? Did it produce? Any advice?

The focus of your meeting should be to set appointments. A presentation on the need for LTC without necessarily a focus on a particular product is a good way to go. A sign up sheet to meet with people one-on-one is a must. If you are looking for a presentation you can use let me know and I have one I can give you. Are you currently appointed with any LTC carriers?

The multiplier methods agents will learn include how to engage business owners, human resource managers, and association directors in the enrollment of many people at one time. The seminar will also offer guidelines on alliance marketing: working with accountants, bankers and others to reach large numbers mutually.
Long-term care insurance has been available since the 1980's and is now a multi-billion dollar industry. More than 100 companies offer coverage, some of which have decades of LTCI experience, while others are relatively new to the LTCI business (American Health Insurance Plans, 2004). Depending on which policy options are selected and the individual's age when the policy is purchased, premiums for LTCI can vary considerably and can be very expensive (Lown & Palmer, 2004). Additionally, agent commissions can significantly add to the cost of LTCI. Consumer Reports states "agents can reap hefty commissions-50 percent of your first year's premium and 10 percent of your payment for every succeeding year" (Consumer Union, 2003).

Term life insurance

Max, I'm not sure I'm seeing what your point is in this post. You're talking about the industry at large in the second paragraph, and then talking about the agent commissions, almost like you're ashamed of that. When federal and state governments alike try to educate seniors and others who will listen about the need for LTCi and show the benefits, don't you think there's something to be said for that? I know the end result is to save federal/state dollars, but when do you see a near endorsement of a private product like this?

Then, what is the link for Term life insurance about? You can't be implying that this is a feasible substitute for LTCi, can you?

I don't mean to be harsh, but I just don't get what you were saying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would you mind sending me a copy of the seminar you have? Thanks,
- Chris ([email protected])
I would love to see that seminar too - mjonesfor26point2 AT yahoo.com

Last edited:
I try! It's more half marathons these days - I tore my calf muscle training for my last one which hurt SO bad, but I can still keep on going now that it's pretty much healed. Do you run?

Not as much as I used to.
But, I do love it when I can fit it in my schedule.

Back