LTC with Chronic Fatigue

Hey everyone, working on a case for a client of mine who has chronic fatigue and has been on Disability since 1995. Has Medicare A&B as well and it all stems from Chronic Fatigue. Client just turned 65 a few weeks back. Question is, do you know of a carrier who will cover someone with Chronic Fatigue? She is not taking any Rx for it she just can not stay up for hours on end (me and her both). Any ideas?

Hey everyone, working on a case for a client of mine who has chronic fatigue and has been on Disability since 1995. Has Medicare A&B as well and it all stems from Chronic Fatigue. Client just turned 65 a few weeks back. Question is, do you know of a carrier who will cover someone with Chronic Fatigue? She is not taking any Rx for it she just can not stay up for hours on end (me and her both). Any ideas?

She cannot qualify for long-term care insurance. If she's been on SSDI for 25 years she probably doesn't need long-term care insurance anyway. She can probably qualify for Medicaid.

She cannot qualify for long-term care insurance. If she's been on SSDI for 25 years she probably doesn't need long-term care insurance anyway. She can probably qualify for Medicaid.

I didn't think she would but I was not sure if I was missing anything. I know typically if you are on SSDI you are out of contention for LTCI. Fortunately/Unfortunately she does not qualify for Medicaid. Her networth exceeds $1mm

Of course she wants LTCi! Haha that’s like me calling State Farm and asking to buy coverage for the first time after I wreck my car

Depending on her meds, and any other health conditions....you can ONLY consider some of the limited benefit LTC plans (aka short term plans)....as some of them do not ask the disability question. She of course has to be able to answer all the medical questions with a no....and CFS is not one of the questions. Maybe having up to 360 days of coverage is better than 0 days.

Look into Global Atlantic ForeCare.

Back