LTCFP Instructed Agents Not to Sell John Hancock

LTCFP Limits John Hancock Applications and Compensation

So this sheds light on why the LTCFP agent told my client John Hancock is no longer in business in his state.........."we must put the brakes on our John Hancock production or risk losing our contract with John Hancock as well as our bonus on production. John Hancock has asked for a drastic reduction in business until their new product is released this fall.

We are limited to 15 applications per month, nationwide, and since there are only two products available in CA, we are only allowing CA Resident Agents to write John Hancock LTC.

Everyone will have ONE LAST WEEK to submit JH apps at regular commission. As of next Saturday, April 5th, until further notice, any John Hancock apps submitted by Non-Resident California agents will be paid at ½ the normal commission rate."

Last edited:
Re: LTCFP Limits John Hancock Applications and Compensation

So this sheds light on why the LTCFP agent told my client John Hancock is no longer in business in his state.........."we must put the brakes on our John Hancock production or risk losing our contract with John Hancock as well as our bonus on production. John Hancock has asked for a drastic reduction in business until their new product is released this fall.

We are limited to 15 applications per month, nationwide, and since there are only two products available in CA, we are only allowing CA Resident Agents to write John Hancock LTC.

Everyone will have ONE LAST WEEK to submit JH apps at regular commission. As of next Saturday, April 5th, until further notice, any John Hancock apps submitted by Non-Resident California agents will be paid at ½ the normal commission rate."

so now ltcfp agents can't sell jh and gnw.

and they remain with ltcfp because _______________??????

Last edited:
Re: LTCFP Limits John Hancock Applications and Compensation

so now ltcfp agents can't sell jh and gnw.

and they remain with ltcfp because _______________??????

because they get leads and cant prospect, or they just dont know any better

What an absolutely flawed system LTCFP has and it has just been made worse.

I guess the guy that defends them, but has no connection to them, (yeah right) will be along soon.

How will he downplay this one?

From the playbook:

1. Read your internal documents before posting

2. There are plenty of better choices

3. Something about GNW not being ethical

4. Change the subject

Last edited:
Ultimately the only people who are affected are the consumers who have no idea they are not being presented with all available options by the LTCFP agent in as neutral and unbiased manner as is possible.

Bottom line is John Hancock requested a reduction in submitted applications from a large organization. I understand and respect that LTCFP is honoring that request in a way that is a logical solution from its management.

What I don't like us when an agent says a company is no longer in business. Just say to the client "we temporarily have limitations with John Hancock, but if you wish to apply here is a John Hancock agency to call."

Last edited:
Ultimately the only people who are affected are the consumers ...
What I don't like us when an agent says a company is no longer in business. Just say to the client "we temporarily have limitations with John Hancock, but if you wish to apply here is a John Hancock agency to call."

The agent is clearly in the wrong. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to help folks at LTCFP to coach this hapless agent? No org is perfect - and you'd find all sorts of people in larger organizations - as a member of this community, I think you should let them know who the agent is (or, perhaps your story is an entirely fictionalized account?)

Last edited:
Just announced by Hancock

Temporary suspension of business in California
Effective May 19, 2014, we are temporarily suspending sales of all LTC products in California, until our product pricing has been updated and we are ready to implement. We expect to have our revised product available in California in the next few months.

No org is perfect - and you'd find all sorts of people in larger organizations

What is your point?

This is acceptable bahavior because nobody is perfect?

- as a member of this community, I think you should let them know who the agent is (or, perhaps your story is an entirely fictionalized account?)

Why should a member of this community report it to LTCFP ?

I think it was passed along here, if LTCFP wants to know, why don't they ask?

This is acceptable bahavior because nobody is perfect?
No, it is not an acceptable "bahavior". But LTCFP deserves a chance to rectify the situation.

Why should a member of this community report it to LTCFP ?
I think it was passed along here, if LTCFP wants to know, why don't they ask?
So you were saying... it is OK to somehow tie LTCFP to dubious practice of one *** agent, but it is NOT OK to report it to people at LTCFP? Do you see nothing wrong with trying to smear the company by citing what amounts to hearsay (in absence of any specifics)?

Back