LTCi Script And/or Video Presentation?

ebooks

Expert
I'm in the process of finding a company to hire on with. Can anyone recommend any good, effective video presentations and/or scripts for making LTCi presentations? I've been told that some of these companies pay well and have good company provided leads, but try to force-feed multiple pages of canned scripts to their new agents to get them out in the field faster before they have full knowledge of the product and that as a result it is very difficult for the new agents to have an effective presentation that is natural and flowing. In case I run into this situation, I would like to be armed with something that I can tailor to my own personal style that will cover all of the important points, but will allow me to focus on the prospect's needs, the product being sold, and not have to be thinking the entire time of whether I'm saying the right words verbatim from the company provided muiltiple page script. I appreciate any help anyone can provide as I am just getting started in this business. Thanks.

Ebooks

I'm in the process of finding a company to hire on with. Can anyone recommend any good, effective video presentations and/or scripts for making LTCi presentations? I've been told that some of these companies pay well and have good company provided leads, but try to force-feed multiple pages of canned scripts to their new agents to get them out in the field faster before they have full knowledge of the product and that as a result it is very difficult for the new agents to have an effective presentation that is natural and flowing. In case I run into this situation, I would like to be armed with something that I can tailor to my own personal style that will cover all of the important points, but will allow me to focus on the prospect's needs, the product being sold, and not have to be thinking the entire time of whether I'm saying the right words verbatim from the company provided muiltiple page script. I appreciate any help anyone can provide as I am just getting started in this business. Thanks.

Ebooks

I instruct other agents here in our Georgia/Alabama agency on how to sell LTC. The first thing I tell them is to find a good mentor and learn from that person....and in their spare time make sure they know their products cold. Team up on the first few appointments, work on splits as appropriate, and take from him/her what is good and tailor the rest to your personality.

The three step approach to LTC is the general approach....everyone seems to use it. Personally, I think canned scripts are useless...and can certainly frustrate a new agent....and the client will see though it unless you are a polished consultant. We teach agents to learn the product.....and then learn how to listen and be a good problem solver. You'll sell more LTC if you are a better listener than a talker.....in my opinion. Make sure you have at least 3 LTC products to sell....GNW, JH, Prudential, MoO, Met, etc......and you should do well. If you are truly trying to become a captive agent with one carrier, then the scripts may be more helpful...but now you will not be doing your client as good a service.

The carriers all have good webinars/training material as well to help you learn. Stay up late at night and read....especially UW guides.

AALTCI assocation has lots of good material......listen in you car while you drive, etc.

Good luck to you.

Back