Lunch & Learns

agentinsouth

Guru
100+ Post Club
This week I have read David McKnight's book the "Power of Zero", The insurance pro shops material, and Daniel Martin's book. "building trust: The Index UL". I would like to start presenting 20 min tax-free retirement luncheon learned to companies. Does anyone have a PowerPoint I good look at to help me build my own presentation?

Maybe I'm misreading your post. You want to present IULs to companies? as in employees of companies on their lunch hour on company property?

American Express Financial Advisors (now Ameriprise) would just sponsor a "fish bowl" at various restaurants and collect business cards to offer a free lunch for them and 4 of their co-workers. Then, for the price of the meal, you get to talk for a while.

If you're going to do it in a short manner (20 minutes), don't bother with a power point. Have a conversation! This way, they'll listen to you, instead of getting a "glazed over" look in their eyes on a power point. Besides, a Power point looks too much like boring work, and you'd have to pack your computer and a projector/screen, etc.

Get a white board and some dry-erase markers and keep it simple!

But if you want to do this on company property...

First, you have to be able to get in the door and get permission. It's usually helpful to help them accomplish something that's important to the company.

The Society of Financial Awareness has rather generic personal finance programs that can help companies that have 401(k) plans to satisfy the DOL 404(c) educational requirement for participants.

The Society for Financial Awareness

However, I can also tell that you haven't actually BOUGHT or fully LISTENED to all the Insurance Pro Shop's training regarding giving workshops.

Lew would tell you NOT to use these workshops to try to pitch a product, or even talk about ANY solutions. The purpose of the workshop is to get people to understand that they need to do something about their situation so they can have a better future. You talk about where they could be, not about the products and how they work. The only next step that workshop attendees should be making... is when to schedule a one-on-one discovery sessions with you.

And if you do the workshop right... you're going to be asking rhetorical questions for people to think about... and you can't really rush it. 20 minutes over lunch really isn't long enough to do it justice. You do want to have a short workshop... but you need to build a connection with people.

So, if you're going to try to do this with companies, and emphasize a DOL compliance issue, I think you'd be safe to just round it up to about an hour of a presentation.

Hey, if you're buying lunch anyway... and it's on their lunch break... I think you can spend an hour doing the presenting. Just make sure you have a Sign-in sheet, for your purposes as well as HR for accounting for this 'educational session'.

But subscribe to the IPS members only site for $35/month and watch those videos. Buy the Found Money or the Mortgage Tool Kit and study the power point that comes with it. Learn it and learn how to have conversations with people. Get them emotionally involved about the problems they have and that you have unique solutions that may fit them.

Seal the Sale Using Your Client

What you want to do, is tap into their imagination as to what life could be like because they chose to work with you. It's about YOU, and the results and benefits of working with you, not the IUL. The IUL is simply how you make the things they want to happen... happen.

Maybe I'm misreading your post. You want to present IULs to companies? as in employees of companies on their lunch hour on company property? American Express Financial Advisors (now Ameriprise) would just sponsor a "fish bowl" at various restaurants and collect business cards to offer a free lunch for them and 4 of their co-workers. Then, for the price of the meal, you get to talk for a while. If you're going to do it in a short manner (20 minutes), don't bother with a power point. Have a conversation! This way, they'll listen to you, instead of getting a "glazed over" look in their eyes on a power point. Besides, a Power point looks too much like boring work, and you'd have to pack your computer and a projector/screen, etc. Get a white board and some dry-erase markers and keep it simple! But if you want to do this on company property... First, you have to be able to get in the door and get permission. It's usually helpful to help them accomplish something that's important to the company. The Society of Financial Awareness has rather generic personal finance programs that can help companies that have 401(k) plans to satisfy the DOL 404(c) educational requirement for participants. The Society for Financial Awareness However, I can also tell that you haven't actually BOUGHT or fully LISTENED to all the Insurance Pro Shop's training regarding giving workshops. Lew would tell you NOT to use these workshops to try to pitch a product, or even talk about ANY solutions. The purpose of the workshop is to get people to understand that they need to do something about their situation so they can have a better future. You talk about where they could be, not about the products and how they work. The only next step that workshop attendees should be making... is when to schedule a one-on-one discovery sessions with you. And if you do the workshop right... you're going to be asking rhetorical questions for people to think about... and you can't really rush it. 20 minutes over lunch really isn't long enough to do it justice. You do want to have a short workshop... but you need to build a connection with people. So, if you're going to try to do this with companies, and emphasize a DOL compliance issue, I think you'd be safe to just round it up to about an hour of a presentation. Hey, if you're buying lunch anyway... and it's on their lunch break... I think you can spend an hour doing the presenting. Just make sure you have a Sign-in sheet, for your purposes as well as HR for accounting for this 'educational session'. But subscribe to the IPS members only site for $35/month and watch those videos. Buy the Found Money or the Mortgage Tool Kit and study the power point that comes with it. Learn it and learn how to have conversations with people. Get them emotionally involved about the problems they have and that you have unique solutions that may fit them. Seal the Sale Using Your Client What you want to do, is tap into their imagination as to what life could be like because they chose to work with you. It's about YOU, and the results and benefits of working with you, not the IUL. The IUL is simply how you make the things they want to happen... happen.

Daniel Martin does the same concept as David mcKnight. He does the long seminars as part of his marketing, however, also does a short lunch and learns to groups with permission from HR during the lunch hour. Thanks for the advice!

----------

Also- The lunch hour is my least busiest time so I was trying to maximize it.

Back