Lupron Prostate question

MA is not guaranteed issue. There are limited reasons why you’d be rejected, but ESRD and ALS are two of them.

ERSD could be overcome with Special Needs or an exception. Also,

Also, moving a client from Med Supp to MA under Chemo treatment? You think he’s not going to complain when he tries to use his MA and finds out the costs? Okay.

Also, you asked why he was wanting to move and who he was with. The original question is who would approve him.

Rates don’t matter if you don’t health qualify.

Sorry, yes, that is true. But in the MAJORITY of cases....

Right, which is why I asked what type of plan he was on and what he was looking for. He could get a Medicare Advantage plan during enrollment if that was what he was looking for but it is not.

But it is good to know about price differences between plan G and N. Really, he is looking for the improbable even without underwriting so to say that up front saves time from trying to find that magic carrier that might take him.

Don't think he is asking what carrier would take him if he were looking at MA plans for OCT

I can regularly get plan G at a lower rate then UHC plan N

The only issue is underwriting which I don't think he can overcome But I could be wrong, He would have to be cancer free 2 years

Don't think he is asking what carrier would take him if he were looking at MA plans for OCT

I can regularly get plan G at a lower rate then UHC plan N

The only issue is underwriting which I don't think he can overcome But I could be wrong, He would have to be cancer free 2 years
This is a fair point. UHC is way overpriced on all MedSupp.

Last edited:
This is a fair point. UHC is way overpriced on all MedSupp because of AARP.

I don't think AARP has anything (directly) to do with their lack of competitiveness (in most states).

But because of the AARP paid endorsement, they don't have to be competitive and can price their plans pretty much without worry of shopping. People buy because of the AARP label.

In CA and FL, perhaps a few other states, their Medigap plans are supposed to be competitive. Now that they have G they are moderately competitive in Georgia. Dropping Silver Sneakers is causing some folks to look at other carriers such as Anthem/BX for their Medigap coverage.

Bankers Life offers SS w/ Plan D :D

I agree with the AARP label causing most people to buy.

“It’s got to be the best, AARP endorses it..”

BCBS gets them because it’s what they’re used to having at work, and BCBS knows they’re getting close to 65.

Last edited:
So not true. Hope you aren’t telling clients that

Which part? That AARP is causing it to be overpriced or that it isn’t overpriced?

The only reason I ask is the areas I run it’s always on the higher end of the scale.

Which part? That AARP is causing it to be overpriced or that it isn’t overpriced?

The only reason I ask is the areas I run it’s always on the higher end of the scale.

Both. He said they are overpriced on ALL Med supps. It’s just not true. It’s been a price leader here for over a decade. I wish they weren’t because of their lower commissions but sometimes I just have to write them.
I’m writing one for a male in 30 mins here. T65 in orlando. The next closest plan G is $10 more a month and it’s Humana, which doesn’t have much of a rate history. UHC it is, I don’t want to screw over my client.

Like Samarco said, they can charge more because of recognition but they don’t always do that.

Back