Lupron Prostate question

Both. He said they are overpriced on ALL Med supps. It’s just not true. It’s been a price leader here for over a decade. I wish they weren’t because of their lower commissions but sometimes I just have to write them.
I’m writing one for a male in 30 mins here. T65 in orlando. The next closest plan G is $10 more a month and it’s Humana, which doesn’t have much of a rate history. UHC it is, I don’t want to screw over my client.

Like Samarco said, they can charge more because of recognition but they don’t always do that.

Fair enough, in the states I write in they are overpriced on all MedSupps.

Both. He said they are overpriced on ALL Med supps. It’s just not true. It’s been a price leader here for over a decade. I wish they weren’t because of their lower commissions but sometimes I just have to write them.
I’m writing one for a male in 30 mins here. T65 in orlando. The next closest plan G is $10 more a month and it’s Humana, which doesn’t have much of a rate history. UHC it is, I don’t want to screw over my client.

Like Samarco said, they can charge more because of recognition but they don’t always do that.

Interesting. I think FL, for obvious reasons, is likely the market they have to be competitive in. In MI and IL they’re the higher end.

Thanks for your insight!

They are more competitive in state with less underwriting like FL, NY , CA and I know there are a couple of other states, I think they are competitive in VA as well

they can charge more because of recognition but they don’t always do that.

Pretty sure they price according to where their target market lives.

FL is God's waiting room plus a lot of migrant snowbirds go there and often establish residence.

CA is left wing so they LOVE the AARP political leaning.

Go where the fish are feeding and plenty of hungry fish in those states. But the other 56 states are not generally competitive territory for them.

UHC/AARP and BX have the lions share of the market, mostly because of name recognition. Neither are particularly competitive in most areas but "everyone takes BX" and "AARP has always done right by me" brings in a lot of sheep.

Neither carrier needs or wants agents. Over 80% of their business is direct.

Pretty sure they price according to where their target market lives.

FL is God's waiting room plus a lot of migrant snowbirds go there and often establish residence.

CA is left wing so they LOVE the AARP political leaning.

Go where the fish are feeding and plenty of hungry fish in those states. But the other 56 states are not generally competitive territory for them.

UHC/AARP and BX have the lions share of the market, mostly because of name recognition. Neither are particularly competitive in most areas but "everyone takes BX" and "AARP has always done right by me" brings in a lot of sheep.

Neither carrier needs or wants agents. Over 80% of their business is direct.

Maybe also few other factors to throw in the mix, most of those states have higher premiums, Less underwriting and those state have a good amount of low-cost MA plans

They are more competitive in state with less underwriting like FL, NY , CA and I know there are a couple of other states, I think they are competitive in VA as well

But they are the only company here with less underwriting. No bday rule here or less required questions

Back