Lynparza

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Lower cost suggestions for this crazy expensive medication? Dosage 150mg BID. Survey of 2019 drug plans shows tier 4 or 5, copay ranges from 25% to 48% of retail averaging around $14,000 for 30 day supply.

Client income takes the mfg discount off the table.

I had a client (now deceased) a couple years back on a crazy expensive drug for Multiple Myeloma. His doctor suggested contacting the Leukemia Society, I believe it was as because MM is also a blood cancer.

They helped him out big-time with money that covered his med supp monthly premium and the cost of the drug. Between that and his Part D, he was OK. I think his wife said it was because their income was under $100,000 per year. He was better for a while then it came back with a vengeance and killed him.

Or maybe try medical tourism?

Why brokers and their clients are keen on medical tourism | BenefitsPRO

Last edited:
Utah sends employees to Mexico for lower prescription prices

The Utah program was created under a 2018 state law dubbed “right to shop,” by Republican Rep. Norm Thurston. The Public Employees Health Program offers it only for people who use a drug on a list of about a dozen medications where the state can get significant savings. Of the 160,000 state and local public employees covered by the insurer, fewer than 400 are eligible, according to Managing Director Chet Loftis.

Though the number of people participating is relatively small, the savings add up quickly. The annual U.S. list price for the drug Lovell takes, Enbrel, is over $62,000 per patient. With the Mexico program, after the cost of the flight and the bonus, the state still cuts its expenses in half.

I have a client who got a grant to cover a Medication in that price range. The grant came from a foundation specifically for the disease from which he was suffering. Would search out and see if there is any such foundation for that particular diagnosis.

Start at American Cancer Society.

But also, what are the Part B options. A once a month trip to the infusion center is probably a lot cheaper. I would send her back to the oncologist office, too. Ask about options.

Back