MA Enrollment Period?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
You can enroll a client into a Medicare Advantage Plan anytime in calendar year 2008 if they are in Original Medicare and are signing up for an MA without a prescription plan. Yes or no?

Winter

You can enroll a client into a Medicare Advantage Plan anytime in calendar year 2008 if they are in Original Medicare and are signing up for an MA without a prescription plan. Yes or no?

Winter
No, there are some complicated rules.

You can move someone ONE TIME between 1/1 - 3/31 from Original Medicare or an MA plan (no PDP) into a similar plan. So you can go from Original Medicare into MA, or MA to MA, or MA to Medicare. If there is PDP included, they are stuck unless they qualify for SEP like moving out of the service area, low income subsidy, or they can prove the agent screwed them.

Hope that helps.

Rick

No, there are some complicated rules.

You can move someone ONE TIME between 1/1 - 3/31 from Original Medicare or an MA plan (no PDP) into a similar plan. So you can go from Original Medicare into MA, or MA to MA, or MA to Medicare. If there is PDP included, they are stuck unless they qualify for SEP like moving out of the service area, low income subsidy, or they can prove the agent screwed them.

Hope that helps.

Rick

Alright, I see what happened here. The original limited open enrollment rules were adopted by congress with the language that the limited open enrollment period would be good through 2008. Looks like a bill passed last July killing it early though.

Winter

Alright, I see what happened here. The original limited open enrollment rules were adopted by congress with the language that the limited open enrollment period would be good through 2008. Looks like a bill passed last July killing it early though.

Winter
Give the man a cigar!

Once again, Congress has decided that the best way to protect Seniors is to limit their ability to choose their health plan.

If they did away with all the bullsh*t with enrollment periods and go to 12 months of open enrollment, the worst that could happen is that a Senior is stuck in a plan for the rest of the current month.

There are 535 members of Congress. With the exception of Ron Paul who wants to do away with most all govt. giveaways, there probably aren't 50 with the intelligence to understand what they are passing.

Rick

I think Dana Rohrabacher's been pretty decent, and I just absolutely loved JD Hayworth who was voted off the plantation.

Why anyone would expect them to know what they're passing is beyond me. After all, when women were asked during exit polling why they voted for Bill Clinton (the first time) their #1 answer was that they thought he was good looking.

Ugh.

Neanderthals are imbeciles, and easily manipulated. And unfortunately, there are more of them percentage wise than the intelligentsia.

Back