MA / MAPD over the phone / web? Who? How?

It's the wild west now with all the call centers cold calling T65, they all jumped on board last 2 years slinging MAPD's too....and whats worse is the uplines know they are making unsolicited contacts selling this stuff and turn a blind eye.

And I am talking about big name "respected" IMO/FMO's. Best thing you can do is when you get a client, spend a few minutes educating them about the scams and dirty tricks other agents use out there. They will appreciate you for that.

It's the wild west now with all the call centers cold calling T65, they all jumped on board last 2 years slinging MAPD's too....and whats worse is the uplines know they are making unsolicited contacts selling this stuff and turn a blind eye.

And I am talking about big name "respected" IMO/FMO's. Best thing you can do is when you get a client, spend a few minutes educating them about the scams and dirty tricks other agents use out there. They will appreciate you for that.

I respectfully disagree. I waste no time "warning" my clients about the boogie man - it really serves no purpose. The chances of them being called by one of the big call centers, and actually answering and engaging, are slim. So, why waste time bringing it up?

When I buy a car from a dealership that I like and trust, the last thing that I want him to do when wrapping up the sale is say, "by the way, my competition down the street - they play dirty tricks - let me educate you about them."

I put this in a big category of things that don't need to be discussed - and only hurt the sales conversation when initiated by the agent (if initiated by the client asking a ? about a call they got - different story - but likely rare to occur).

What I like about this forum is the differences of opinions. We are 97% telephone sales. So we have to use a button up at the end, because even though they came to us via Facebook, live transfers and other places......they came to us in the exact same manner everyone is trying to get them...on the phone. So in many ways we are no different than anyone else calling them despite the fact they watched our video, commented, engaged.....still we are lumped in the lot of them all....

I am not assuming, but if you are doing F2F sales yes it is a moot point....although I have taken many a deals from the windshield agent....many many many...(and lost a few to the door knocker too).

I agree with you the car scenerio, but you are not buying that car from some guy name Joe on the phone that you spoke to for 45 minutes. And it is not that we warn them of the competitor that has integrity....we warn them of the deceiful agent (which there are MANY of them), the unlicensed person calling them, and the call center pretending to be the medicare enrollment center....to be aware of the fraud and the scams....especially for our more simpler clients.

client still has to initiate the initial response - call from DM, call from Newspaper Ad, RFI from a sales event, etc . . .

Inbound is recorded and you have like a 50 million word script. Outbound - same thing.

Pretty neat tho . . .

client still has to initiate the initial response - call from DM, call from Newspaper Ad, RFI from a sales event, etc . . .

Inbound is recorded and you have like a 50 million word script. Outbound - same thing.

Pretty neat tho . . .

Are you still in the planning phase? If you actually hired your own telemarketer you probably could have made $100K in commission by now.

Something about fishing or cutting bait?

Rick

Back