MA plan and gaurantee issue med supp.

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
Sorry fo rgiving out the wrong information in a few posts. I should not listen to my upline. I found out today from several sources. I was saying that if you enrolled in MA plan from a med supp and then wanted to switch back to a med supp that you could go to any company you wanted and not answer any health questions. That is completely wrong.

If in the first 12 months you want to go back to a medicare supplement, you are gauranteed to get your old one back. If you want to go to another company you have to answer health questions. If your previous company doesn't sell med supps anymore then you can go to another company without answering health questions. That is the only way. But they can only choose from certain plans. I believe ,but not certain that they are A,B,C, ad F only.

Another point to that is that this is only good if they have never had a MA plan in the past. Only their first election to a MA plan allows that change back.

Sorry fo rgiving out the wrong information in a few posts. I should not listen to my upline. I found out today from several sources. I was saying that if you enrolled in MA plan from a med supp and then wanted to switch back to a med supp that you could go to any company you wanted and not answer any health questions. That is completely wrong.

If in the first 12 months you want to go back to a medicare supplement, you are gauranteed to get your old one back. If you want to go to another company you have to answer health questions. If your previous company doesn't sell med supps anymore then you can go to another company without answering health questions. That is the only way. But they can only choose from certain plans. I believe ,but not certain that they are A,B,C, ad F only.

You do not have to go back to your old carrier. You can get one with any carrier. Section 9 of the Medicare & You book states:

In most cases if you drop your Medigap policy you may not be able to get it back. However, if this is the first time you've joined a Medicare Advantage Plan, other Medicare plan, or bought a Medicare SELECT policy, you may have special Medigap protections that give you the right to get your old Medigap policy back OR buy a new one if you choose to leave your Medicare Advantage Plan within the first year.

Now, different states could have different rules. But I have written a Med Supp on someone who left a Med Supp with Blue Cross Blue Shield, enrolled in an MA plan for the first time, and then decided they wanted to go back to a Medicare Supplement. I wrote them a Med Supp with United World. I also had a lady who I enrolled in an MA plan who had a Med Supp with one carrier, 10 months later I wrote her a Med Supp with United World. In both cases they were issued without answering any health questions. And in both cases, they would not have normally qualified for coverage.

In my Medicare Guide Book, it states on page 19, boxes #4 and #5, the gauranteed issue rights. It only says you can go back to your old one unless it is not available anymore. I think all guide books are the same.??

Just because you switched there policies doesnt mean it is legit.

In my Medicare Guide Book, it states on page 19, boxes #4 and #5, the gauranteed issue rights. It only says you can go back to your old one unless it is not available anymore. I think all guide books are the same.??

Just because you switched there policies doesnt mean it is legit.

I'm not getting the info from a Medicare Guide book. I'm getting it from a Medicare & You book issued by CMS.

And yes, you're right, it's not legit. I pulled the wool over their eyes on two separate occasions. Look at the Medicare & You book on page 75 (you can look at the one specific to Indiana and Kentucky), it states the same thing I quoted in my previous post (your old supplement OR a new one). Also, feel free to contact Mutual of Omaha about their own guidelines. No sense in taking my word for it.

Back