MA provider ends printed Directory

bouckville

Was surprised to read on UHC portal JARVIS that the printed 2018 MA Provider's Directory will not have a 2019 issue. Members/insureds will need to either call Customer Service or go online for in-network provider status.
How well will that work for those without online access ? Guess they will call their agent also...

Was surprised to read on UHC portal JARVIS that the printed 2018 MA Provider's Directory will not have a 2019 issue. Members/insureds will need to either call Customer Service or go online for in-network provider status.
How well will that work for those without online access ? Guess they will call their agent also...
That's Deplorable!!! :shocked:

How many people still read the phone books they still deliver annually.

We haven't had a phone book, not even the skinny local ones, delivered in years. I am not sure they still print them in Atlanta.

Can't say when I have seen a payphone either. They took most (all?) of them out of the airport years ago.

Yellow Pages appear to be web only yp dot com. Payphones replaced by Obama phones and burner phones sold in convenience stores.

We haven't had a phone book, not even the skinny local ones, delivered in years. I am not sure they still print them in Atlanta.

Can't say when I have seen a payphone either. They took most (all?) of them out of the airport years ago.

Yellow Pages appear to be web only yp dot com. Payphones replaced by Obama phones and burner phones sold in convenience stores.
I still get the Yellowbook, which is put out by Yellowpages. It has the businesses(Yellow Pages) in the front and residential in the back.

I just started getting the skinny local one again when I got a landline 2 years ago as part of the internet/cable bundle. I haven't used it yet and hadn't had a landline in almost 15 years.

Yep, payphones are a dead industry. I think there's one still working in the town I live in. Usually when I see them around now, the phone's been busted and the coin box has been broken into. Can you imagine those poor suckers that invested in payphones about the time cell phones became affordable. :laugh:

Can you imagine those poor suckers that invested in payphones about the time cell phones became affordable.

Local company owned a BUNCH of payphones and "sold" them to investors. Projected returns in the teens (15% or so). Monthly payouts. One time investment of $4k. Entry price kept going up. Sure sign of Ponzi in action.

Lasted a few years. Company recruited insurance agents to sell these unregistered securities. I believe the payout was $600 - $800 per phone.

FBI raided and SEC got involved.

Neighbor cashed in his retirement fund and bought something like $500k of these phone packages.

Here is the story . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2006/02/20/daily42.html

Back