MA - What's The Differences?

Zoaty

Expert
Hi Agents,

I've never worked with Medicare Advantage / Sups before.

Yesterday I went to a presentation here in Indiana for a brokerage encouraging Anthem & Aetna. The products sounded pretty legit from what I could tell, but an agent friend of mine who used to sell senior products seemed to think I should be able to offer United Healthcare & Humana too.

Are there major or minor differences? If so what are they & is it a dis-service to clients to sell Anthem or Aetna etc?

Thank you for your thoughts

There are many differences, There are a lot of threads that talk about dif aspects, No it's not a disservice to offer various dif products

However, if you are going to sell it you are going to have to take a ahip and that will give some of the answers beyond this

And just to clarify in case it did not come out correctly we are happy to help here easier if you have more specific questions based on research you have begun

Hi Agents,

I've never worked with Medicare Advantage / Sups before.

Yesterday I went to a presentation here in Indiana for a brokerage encouraging Anthem & Aetna. The products sounded pretty legit from what I could tell, but an agent friend of mine who used to sell senior products seemed to think I should be able to offer United Healthcare & Humana too.

Are there major or minor differences? If so what are they & is it a dis-service to clients to sell Anthem or Aetna etc?

Thank you for your thoughts

When you sell MA plans as a broker, step one is to see if their doctors are in network. Eliminate any plans from consideration if their preferred doctors are not in network. Yes even with PPOs.

Step two is enter their drugs into Medicare.gov and see which plans have the price advantage there. That will usually get you down to one or two plans.

Step three-review the co-pays, premium, extra benefits, etc of the plans that are left. Whichever of those gives them the warm fuzzies, write it up.

You do it that way and you will have persistent business. So yes you do you want to carry all the plans that are popular in your area. Don’t take a knife to a gun fight.

Last edited:
Back