Mac Computer

steveadlman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am going to have to purchase a new computer for my office since my operating system is Microsoft XP. If you use a Mac is it compatible for all of your business applications? What are the downsides with using a Mac? Would I be better off buying a PC instead using Windows 7 professional? Any advice would be appreciated.

I can't comment on whether it would be compatible with your current applications. Visit the closest Apple store and ask.

I can tell you I started using a MacBook Pro six years ago and love it. It took a little while to get used to, but it was worth it to me. Now whenever I have to use a PC for something, I feel like banging my head against a wall.

i have a mac and have used it the last 3 years, fantastic computer and every works with it.

You guys are way off. We're not talking about iPads here. My Mac is a beast compared to any PC I've used.

As long as the programs you need are compatible, a Mac rules.

Since a lot of carriers have web-based quoting systems, it does not make as much difference which computer you have. But there is another issue. I use a PC because some carrier sites require the use of Internet Explorer and you can't run that on a Mac, to the best of my knowledge.

Back