MACRA 2020 Impacting Medicare/Medigap

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got a carrier notice regarding the new Medigap application amended for MACRA 2020. I looked over the app and nothing jumped out at me as different. This is a carrier I rarely use, so not as familiar with their app as others.

Care to enlighten me about what might be different for MACRA compliance?

As I understand it, for us it just means newly eligible beneficiaries can no longer enroll in plans F (all variations) or C.

I also found this flyer from Mutual of Omaha http://www.stephens-matthews.com/i/moo/2019MACRAflyer.pdf

Some of my clients got a notice that Plan F will not be offered at all, after the year 2020 at all (Carrier specific as far as I know)

So far I know Mutual of Omaha sent out some like that I think another carrier as well cant remember which

Maybe they all will go that route, I would guess it would be a nightmare for them to offer to some but not others

There was another thread in which a California carrier was mentioned as dropping some coverages.

Thanks for replies.

I am aware of the C & F "going away" fiasco. Just couldn't figure out what was different about the app.

Went back and looked again. In the plan selection section "Plans C & F only available if your Medicare Part A eligibility is before 1/1/2020).

Pretty obvious now. I figured it was somewhere in the legal fine print.

thx

I'm glad I can help bob. I was going to mention about a past calif thread, but i let LD share it with you first. If u cant read his posts, I still get them.

Latest posts

Back