Mail Drops for Medicare

:1tongue::1tongue:I got my own bulk mail permit, a good used printer for $200 (a friend in the business says it's not a real printer if you can throw it...this a BIG used printer) and have printed thousands of letters with the what was left in the toner cartridge. Bulk mail rate of 29 cents per, plus paper, plus I buy lists run through the do not call registry.

Is it a pain the the ass? Yes. Is it effective? Somewhat (I write my own letters and am getting better with time). Is it cheaper than using a service? Heck yes. I did try a few different mail houses and lead generation websites before going solo.

Currently, I'm sending out a letter to people who recently turned 65 with a reprint of an article pointing out some of the drawbacks of MA plans...so I'm kind of selling against the tide so to speak. I also have resources for supps significantly less expensive than the big 5. I'll let you know how that works out. Good luck everyone

I also have resources for supps significantly less expensive than the big 5. I'll let you know how that works out. Good luck everyone[/QUOTE]

Are you just selling smaller med supp companies?

Yes, I am selling smaller companies that are less expensive than the biggies. In relation to which 5 (some people refer to the big 7...so it just depends on where you want to draw the line...). WellPoint, Humana, Cigna, United Healthcare, and Aetna are typically the big 5. Though there are quite a number of small companies they are just that...small. Health Insurance is now more like a Cartel with these guys at the top.

Well between 6 agents that work primarily the final expense market we have done 33 continuous drops around northeast and north central Indiana. Each drop is $390.
Total Drop Cost is $13,260

That has produced roughly $61,479 in annual commissionable premium which is on average about $1863 per drop.

Each agent is on a 90% comp schedule

Total commission is $55,331
Total investment is $13,260

ROI is 417.2% from this program alone

I have several marketing programs and we track ROI on each. I don't know how you define great and maybe that could be arguable but I will sacrifice spending $390 a week to generate $1676/avg per drop

That sounds pretty good but in the aggregate but for a single agent looking at jumping into FE, am I missing something? Sounds like around 3-4 sales per mailing, at best and maybe worst? Much less the size of the territory Id have to cover to get anything close to get out 33 mailers in a year.

:1tongue::1tongue:I got my own bulk mail permit, a good used printer for $200 (a friend in the business says it's not a real printer if you can throw it...this a BIG used printer) and have printed thousands of letters with the what was left in the toner cartridge. Bulk mail rate of 29 cents per, plus paper, plus I buy lists run through the do not call registry.

Is it a pain the the ass? Yes. Is it effective? Somewhat (I write my own letters and am getting better with time). Is it cheaper than using a service? Heck yes. I did try a few different mail houses and lead generation websites before going solo.

Currently, I'm sending out a letter to people who recently turned 65 with a reprint of an article pointing out some of the drawbacks of MA plans...so I'm kind of selling against the tide so to speak. I also have resources for supps significantly less expensive than the big 5. I'll let you know how that works out. Good luck everyone

How's business been lately? I too sell the smaller MedSupp companies and I'm SERIOUSLY considering buying a decent color printer and a bulk permit. I can buy my own data (T65), and come up with an "Us versus the Big 5" creative.

How has it worked for you since May 2015 until now?

How's business been lately? I too sell the smaller MedSupp companies and I'm SERIOUSLY considering buying a decent color printer and a bulk permit. I can buy my own data (T65), and come up with an "Us versus the Big 5" creative. How has it worked for you since May 2015 until now?

I've learned over the years that when you mail T65's, that less is more. The crappier the card the better. My so called fancy colored cards got next to zero response. The ones that look generic were probably mistaken for a govt letter and it gets responses.

Good advice- the simpler the better maybe, lol.

And another point: I'm sure there are many reputable mail order houses, many have been mentioned under this category. But, somehow I have the feeling if the lead card goes to the house first, they can keep it and resell it for a B lead 90 days later. Is there really such a lead as "exclusive", "real-time" or whatever? If I do it myself there's a certain satisfaction I get from knowing the leads are mine- all mine, now and forever. Lol

Good advice- the simpler the better maybe, lol. And another point: I'm sure there are many reputable mail order houses, many have been mentioned under this category. But, somehow I have the feeling if the lead card goes to the house first, they can keep it and resell it for a B lead 90 days later. Is there really such a lead as "exclusive", "real-time" or whatever? If I do it myself there's a certain satisfaction I get from knowing the leads are mine- all mine, now and forever. Lol

I've never had any issue with DM like you mentioned. I guess it could happen on Internet exclusive leads but they might get caught quickly and there goes your reputation.

Good advice- the simpler the better maybe, lol.

And another point: I'm sure there are many reputable mail order houses, many have been mentioned under this category. But, somehow I have the feeling if the lead card goes to the house first, they can keep it and resell it for a B lead 90 days later. Is there really such a lead as "exclusive", "real-time" or whatever? If I do it myself there's a certain satisfaction I get from knowing the leads are mine- all mine, now and forever. Lol

Bottom line no matter what you do there is no guarantee to exclusivity

You can mail your own but remember there are so many names available on data, You will not be the only person sending them mail, And if they are not on the do not call list someone may be cold calling them

Not to mention they may be searching on the internet, Hey they may get a quote from you and maybe they will want to double check what you said and then get themselves on the internet.

I buy exclusive internet and occasionally do mailers.We can do the best we can do and up our odds but there is never any guarantee of exclusivity for a variety of reasons

Back