Mailing Address?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
Quick question??? I am many of you do have my office set up at home and use my home address as a mailing address for clients and prospects. Not in my career have I ever had anyone come to my house and I like it that way Until TODAY when one of them showed up at my door on a Sunday with paperwork and I wasn't dressed or shaved, not happy.

What do you guys use as a mailing address? Home, PO box, etc? Am I overreacting?

Thanks!

Quick question??? I am many of you do have my office set up at home and use my home address as a mailing address for clients and prospects. Not in my career have I ever had anyone come to my house and I like it that way Until TODAY when one of them showed up at my door on a Sunday with paperwork and I wasn't dressed or shaved, not happy.

What do you guys use as a mailing address? Home, PO box, etc? Am I overreacting?

Thanks!

Wow, that's very rude of your client. I don't think you are over-reacting. I use my home address and a client showed up once at my home but I wasn't there. I wasn't happy either. I thought about getting a PO Box but was afraid that my prospects might feel a little uneasy about not knowing my location. It's never happened again - still using my home address.

Last edited:
I use a PO Box for a most things, but I think the client was just out of line.

You are over reacting. Once every 4-5 years ain't worth sweating over.

I was running a business out of my home (not insurance) and that happened to me with a potential client I was trying to land. I was afraid that it would kill the deal but I still landed the work and went on to work for him at five different locations in three different states.

How very rude and inconsiderate of your client. I would like to elaborate more on the topic, but I have a new batch of leads that I need to go and door-knock.

I never had this issue before but I feel it was rude especially on a weekend I would hate to pay for a PO box and have to go pick up my mail everyday but I don't want this to happen again and what if I had company or if my fiancé was home alone.

I never had this issue before but I feel it was rude especially on a weekend I would hate to pay for a PO box and have to go pick up my mail everyday but I don't want this to happen again and what if I had company or if my fiancé was home alone.

A PO box is cheap. The post office can also email you when you get mail so you don't have to go there unless you get something.

Someone deciding to come to your house without notice is out of the ordinary by far though. I had an agent show up to my house once (Liberty Mutual) to sign some paperwork while I was working on my motorcycle. That was a little odd to me and I thought it was annoying, but I did save a few hundred bucks on my insurance.

Cost of doing business. Some days it is the only place I go. Otherwise I stop on my way to or from. More secure than our home mail box if we travel or just gone for the day. Just my opinion.

Back