Mailing with BRC

May 16, 2018

1. jdlash

jdlash Super Genius

Just curious to anyone that has done a mailer themselves and used a Business Reply Card. Is the response pretty much minimal if you don't make it pre paid postage? I was thinking about adding a reply card in and have them put a stamp on it, but figured the response would be way worse.

I appreciate the input.

jdlash, May 16, 2018
  2. somarco

somarco That Medicare Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Someone I have met sent out cards requiring a stamp on a regular basis. Response was lower but higher quality (serious) prospects

somarco, May 16, 2018
  3. jdlash

jdlash Super Genius

That's what I was thinking. Less response, but serious inquiries. I wonder if it's so low that it's worth doing the extra work with less interested responses.

I'd love to hear others experiences with this as well.

jdlash, May 16, 2018
  4. somarco

State:
    Georgia
    Can't say. Haven't done DM in years. All my leads that are not referrals are folks looking for ME and/or my information. I screen them stringently and will close their file if no response or action within 3 business days.

Fewer people to talk to but fewer headaches as well. More productivity.

I suspect culling the wheat from the chaff generates a higher ROI and profit vs talking to anyone who can fog a mirror, regardless of the way the lead is generated

somarco, May 16, 2018
  5. jdlash

jdlash Super Genius

I would agree. I have tried to generate leads online like you do and failed miserably. I can generate auto insurance leads by the hundreds every month, but yet no luck at all with this online.

jdlash, May 16, 2018
  6. somarco

State:
    Georgia
    Patience . . .

[​IMG]

somarco, May 16, 2018
  7. jdlash

jdlash Super Genius

I used to do SEO, but now I do all ppc for auto insurance. I generate the leads for about $6-8 each and it's effective. I think the problem I have had with this is that I don't use something like JHP's online quoter. I'm assuming the only way is to provide the quote online, or none will ever convert to leads to work..

jdlash, May 16, 2018
  8. somarco

State:
    Georgia
    The Medicare prospect is mostly leary of anything that smells of a sales pitch. They are not a see it, buy it, crowd. Must develop a level of trust before they open their mind and wallet to you.

I dispense a LOT of free information even though I have had people tell me that is not the way to do it.

But it is the way I do it and it works for me.

I don't close anyone. They close themselves.

It's all low hanging fruit.

It's all good.

And yes, I still use JHP to deliver instant quotes.

Some have criticized using that engine because it only has a few carriers.

No problem.

If they had access to ALL the rates (as in CSG) without talking to me very few would ever pursue me.

All I really want is to capture their information, then I let the autoresponder and follow up email's do the selling.

somarco, May 16, 2018
  9. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I only do t65 so ymmv. But I can bet you that nearly all of the people who fill my card out, don’t expect a call from an agent wanting set up a f2f appt.

If I were to require a return stamp (which might save me $20 per thousand), my return rate would go from 3% to 1% or lower. No doubt.

Your lead card isn’t there to sell someone. You have to do that.

Chazm, May 16, 2018
  10. 20th Maine

20th Maine Super Genius

State:
    Kansas
    How does one "FIND" you?