Mailing with BRC

Thank you for the response. I sent out a test mailer to 500 people with a BRC and found out after that the BRC was too small, so I got 0 response. Live and learn. I had an option to call me as well, but I think I'm going to take that off as I got no calls either.

That was mailed out only 3 months in advance. I have the card corrected and am going to test 6 months out now.

My mail permit is expired, but I'm going to go renew that so I can test with pre paid postage response as well.

I added my phone number for a few months, not only did I not get any calls, I got a smaller return rate.

6 months and as generic as possible should easily get you a better return. I’ll probably take out 5 months soon and only mail 6,7 and 8. I like to keep my pipeline full. Just make sure you have a good follow up system.

How do you know the addition of a phone number reduced the number of replies?

I’ve played around with my mailers a ton over the years. Any time I added a phone number, the returns just went down. If I added color to my card, down. The more detailed it was, it went down.

I’ve had the best success when it’s as generic as possible. Obviously YMMV but it’s what works best for me.

Back