Maine Premiums & Plans Released.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) -- Maine residents buying health care coverage on the exchange this winter are getting their first look into how the rates compare for the various proposed plans.

The state recently released side-by-side comparisons of the plans offered by Maine Community Health Options, a new health cooperative, and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, the two companies offering coverage for individuals on Maine's federally run exchange.

Rural residents can generally expect to pay more for coverage than city dwellers no matter what level of coverage he or she chooses. A 60-year-old living in Washington County buying silver coverage under MCHO would likely pay a monthly premium of about $800, or about $200 more a month than if they lived in Cumberland County. Meanwhile, that same Washington County resident would pay about $950 a month if she or she chooses an Anthem plan. If that person smokes, they could pay a monthly premium as much as $1,200 for a silver Anthem insurance plan."

ARTICLE: Maine compares proposed rates on health exchange - Yahoo! Finance
ac

Is the heart attack I just had from reading these rates covered?
Or do I have to wait till January to see the doctor?

Of course, these premiums don't matter, there will be subsidies to offset them, so its no big deal :(

Is the heart attack I just had from reading these rates covered?
Or do I have to wait till January to see the doctor?

Of course, these premiums don't matter, there will be subsidies to offset them, so its no big deal :(

Maine was already GI so this is not much of an increase.

Latest posts

Back