Making Cold Call Sessions From Your Car

superfly33

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I use to work at home but we had a new baby in December and she's staying home for 3 months with a toddler and a newborn. My options are either bear the crying, screaming, and general craziness or find another way.

So since I have a laptop and a lot of cell phone minutes I decided to park my car in front of my local library and make cold calls in the backseat. Good thing is that I actually like being in my car and also enjoy people watching while I work.

I want to avoid going in the office because I don't want to get caught up in chit chat with hourly people and servicing. All in all not a bad plan so far but any prospecting ideas from the fellows.

I use to work at home but we had a new baby in December and she's staying home for 3 months with a toddler and a newborn. My options are either bear the crying, screaming, and general craziness or find another way.

So since I have a laptop and a lot of cell phone minutes I decided to park my car in front of my local library and make cold calls in the backseat. Good thing is that I actually like being in my car and also enjoy people watching while I work.

I want to avoid going in the office because I don't want to get caught up in chit chat with hourly people and servicing. All in all not a bad plan so far but any prospecting ideas from the fellows.

I guess its a good thing your in CA and I'm assuming it is warmer than Maine at this time of year...I do work from my vehicle for a little while but I does tend to get cold...You might want to ask a real estate agent/mortgage broker etc if they have a small space you could use all you need is peace and quite and a flat surface and this may be better then your car and it might be realativly inexpensive since these people don't have much other income coming in right now

I do mostly personal and some commercial lines.
Auto & home
Life & individual health
Business - speciality is in Family Style Eateries and Beauty parlors

Last edited:
Are you parking at the library to use the wireless internet feed?
I applaud your creativity. Rather than getting frustrated, do what you have to do. I enjoy getting out of my office and working from my home too.

If it works, it works.

If it is central to the area you are working then you are only a few minutes away from any potential appt. You can always tell the potential you are in the neighborhood, just driving by and wanted to give them the opportunitiy to meet with you briefly, whatever.

If it works for you, there are no hard and fast rules. I see your point about distractions and noise.

"Are you parking at the library to use the wireless internet feed?"

Yes.
I'm suprised that the library's wireless feed is as fast and reliable as it is. I need an internet connection in order to give out quotes on the spot so hence the library parking lot.

I also don't want to hang outside my house doing work in my car cause the neighbors might think I'm weird.

Last edited:
Back