Making Sales From a Cold Call

AboutThatLife

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone actually make sales from cold calls? I'm talking about a one call close, not meeting new prospects to set appts with.

For people who operate exclusively over the phone, if it's not a one call close, how many times are you calling back?

Does anyone actually make sales from cold calls? I'm talking about a one call close, not meeting new prospects to set appts with.

For people who operate exclusively over the phone, if it's not a one call close, how many times are you calling back?
I've done one call closes with Medicare supplement. It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes you're just calling at the right time.

All my first call closes were rural areas. They seem more trusting or maybe they don't get hit up as much by all the call centers.

Most of the time though I email drip them or I mail out a packet and schedule a follow-up call on my crm. I've actually built a decent opt in email marketing list from the last few years cold calling. I'm finally starting to get calls from that list when those rate increase notices arrive in the mail.

I'm a die hard cold caller, but I know this type of interruptive marketing is dying a slow death. The future belongs to those who embrace and master inbound and content marketing.

I've done one call closes with Medicare supplement. It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes you're just calling at the right time. All my first call closes were rural areas. They seem more trusting or maybe they don't get hit up as much by all the call centers.

^^^^^

That my friends is a gold nugget here in the cold calling forums spoken from a true professional.

^^^^^

That my friends is a gold nugget here in the cold calling forums spoken from a true professional.

It's a good point too. When im calling rural areas, if I have a list of 130 people I notice I might speak to 30-35 people. If im calling urban areas that same list will have 4-5 people answer the phone.

It's a good point too. When im calling rural areas, if I have a list of 130 people I notice I might speak to 30-35 people. If im calling urban areas that same list will have 4-5 people answer the phone.

Thats because the urban deadbeats are out spending our money!!!:biggrin:

Last week I made a sale from a cold call back in Feb. Showed/told them what I could do for them back then and they didnt buy but they called me back last week and I sold them. (I never called them back....sometimes I do for cold calls but if they dont buy "today"....they always got my number.....I aint begging.)

I have never sold on the first call, but the caveat is that I'm not selling insurance. My cold calling requires that I qualify our clients through the receipt of financial documents before we can get a commitment for financing an insurance agency or brokerage. I don't think most people would buy based on one call because of the need to review information before committing, but I could be dead wrong since I don't sell insurance.

I've done one call closes with Medicare supplement. It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes you're just calling at the right time.

All my first call closes were rural areas. They seem more trusting or maybe they don't get hit up as much by all the call centers.

Most of the time though I email drip them or I mail out a packet and schedule a follow-up call on my crm. I've actually built a decent opt in email marketing list from the last few years cold calling. I'm finally starting to get calls from that list when those rate increase notices arrive in the mail.

I'm a die hard cold caller, but I know this type of interruptive marketing is dying a slow death. The future belongs to those who embrace and master inbound and content marketing.
Cold calling still works when someone actually picks up the phone, lol!

----------

Last week I made a sale from a cold call back in Feb. Showed/told them what I could do for them back then and they didnt buy but they called me back last week and I sold them. (I never called them back....sometimes I do for cold calls but if they dont buy "today"....they always got my number.....I aint begging.)
I hear that. My philosophy is that I am looking for people (businesses in my case) who are looking. I don't have time to call people back who aren't interested now. Too many other fish in the sea.

----------

Forgive me if this gets posted again. I am new

In general, I would say a one call close is pretty rare. It is virtually impossible in my line work. Because we focus on financing insurance agencies and brokerages, we have to obtain documents to qualify the prospect before closing on the financing. I don't sell insurance but I would imagine most people would want to review info before shelling out bucks.

Back