Making Smart Business Investments when Working on a Budget

SWC47

Hey all,

I have been in the Life and Health business for almost 6 months now and am struggling to make smart decisions with my limited funds. I am going to bring in about $2100 this month and would like to know what you all invested in when you were starting out. My expenses are low, about $750/month for my rent, utilities, and insurance, and my parents have kept me on their health insurance and cellular plan since graduation. I have spent too much money on leads and other bogus marketing efforts, and am having trouble with time management and activity. I recently bought a turning-65 list which I have not gotten many results out of, and I have made about 850 dials on it in the past week or so. I know I need to pick up my phone activity, but I am wondering what smart investments in your business you all made when starting out? Any advice is greatly appreciated - tell me how you were able to get off eggs, milk, and cheap cold cuts 7 days a week!

If your current MGA/ GA cannot answering these questions you might wanna shop else where.

Are you captive or Indy?

Your obviously working the senior market. All types? Or you pushing supps/ma or FE or all 3?

I am independent, but am a career agent with a fairly big name provider. I am trying to use the supp as a door opener, and my plan was to open up accounts with something small but very important and to develop the relationship

Back