Man Gets $21,000 of Settlement Money in Buckets of Coins

GoCubsGo

Guru
1000 Post Club
"Andres Carrasco was likely happy to hear in June that he was being awarded a settlement from an insurance company after one of its workers allegedly assaulted him. He was definitely not happy to see how $21,000 of that settlement recently arrived at his attorney's office—in 5-gallon containers filled with coins, reports NBC Los Angeles."

Read story:

Man gets $21,000 of settlement money in buckets of coins

Doesn't seem like a smart way to do business.

"Andres Carrasco was likely happy to hear in June that he was being awarded a settlement from an insurance company after one of its workers allegedly assaulted him. He was definitely not happy to see how $21,000 of that settlement recently arrived at his attorney's office—in 5-gallon containers filled with coins, reports NBC Los Angeles."

Read story:

Man gets $21,000 of settlement money in buckets of coins

Doesn't seem like a smart way to do business.

I certainly would not buy insurance from them.. After all, they are just an agency and there are others that can provide you with the same products with the same companies.

I saw a headline about this the other day that said "Insurance Company Pays Claim to Elderly man in change" .... which obviously is misleading since its an Agency and not the actual insurance carrier. But it was on the front page of yahoo so the headline must be true, right? Of course the commentators were having a field day with bashing insurance companies for being heartless.

But it was a very effed up thing to do. The guy is too old to even carry the bags they gave it to him in. Now they are getting blasted on Yelp (or at least they were yesterday), they had like 30 bad reviews. Of course all of them were because of the articles people read. Only one review seemed to be a legit customer... and he seemed to have a few screws loose. After this how this place will stay in business I dont know. Hopefully they dont because even if the judgement was unfair, its still an extremely "richard" move. :err:

I saw a headline about this the other day that said "Insurance Company Pays Claim to Elderly man in change" .... which obviously is misleading since its an Agency and not the actual insurance carrier. But it was on the front page of yahoo so the headline must be true, right? Of course the commentators were having a field day with bashing insurance companies for being heartless.

But it was a very effed up thing to do. The guy is too old to even carry the bags they gave it to him in. Now they are getting blasted on Yelp (or at least they were yesterday), they had like 30 bad reviews. Of course all of them were because of the articles people read. Only one review seemed to be a legit customer... and he seemed to have a few screws loose. After this how this place will stay in business I dont know. Hopefully they dont because even if the judgement was unfair, its still an extremely "richard" move. :err:

I follow a YouTube channel of a repo agent who lost a court case for dragging a car 3 feet on gravel. The judgement was much smaller a couple hinder just the cost of 4 tires, he paid in coins and videod it for his channel. But it is a for lack of a better word a "Greensky" (I think Rick would be proud of that) type move.

Now what if he picks up a bucket and strains his back? That may be another potential case. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money..

Now what if he picks up a bucket and strains his back? That may be another potential case. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money..

Im no lawyer. But I would guess that there is a law in many states that a settlement must be paid in a "reasonable" manner. An 80 year old straining his back or falling down due to an "un-reasonable" form of payment would be gold in front of a jury most likely. Put that man in a back & neck brace and that agency will be bankrupt!!

Im no lawyer. But I would guess that there is a law in many states that a settlement must be paid in a "reasonable" manner. An 80 year old straining his back or falling down due to an "un-reasonable" form of payment would be gold in front of a jury most likely. Put that man in a back & neck brace and that agency will be bankrupt!!

Nope. Paid in US currency. All good. Been there, done that..and for more than 21k...lol

Pretty sure US Currency and Coinage is good for all debts public and private.

Back