Man...you try to help keep a skateboard park open....

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
and you end up calling your kids slobs on the news...It was a 20 min interview and thats what they took...great video....

News 8 Austin | 24 Hour Local News | TOP STORIES
Kids chime in on skate park's future
8/22/2007 12:29 PM
By: Catie Beck

Skateboarders and their parents met with Williamson County officials Tuesday to discuss the future of the Round Rock Skate Park. The park is closed this week - the last week of summer - because of a combination of crimes. Police have been called to the park 115 times since February. The park didn't even open until July 20.
"That's the straw that broke the camel's back. It's going to be a safe facility and we're going to make sure it stays that way," Rick Atkins of Round Rock Parks and Recreation said.
Round Rock city leaders say they know it's possible to have a safe and clean park by taking after Austin's successful Mabel Davis Skate Park.
Ideas on the table include getting more garbage cans for trash, adding additional police presence in the area late at night and removing a hang out spot outside the park.
"Skateboarding is a big part of my life. It's pretty much the only sport I do. We don't want to see it go away," skateboarder Gage Rhein said.
"Ironically, it's not the skaters that are actually doing the damage to the skate park so I think its really too bad," parent Ian Rhein said.
Some parents say it's too bad because their kids will have nowhere else to go to skate except the streets. One idea pitched is to have skaters chip in and keep their own park clean.
"My kids don't even clean up their rooms at home, but you take skateboarding away from them, I guarantee you they'll clean it up," parent Scott Thiltgen said.
The park will reopen again Saturday, and community leaders hope it will remain that way.

icon1.gif
Man...you try to help keep a skateboard park open....

You could always hang out there and maybe sell some accident policies.

:D:D

Good thing you're not running for public office! Just think of all the "sound bites" that the media takes and turns against you. The next thing you know, they will interview your kids and they will "tell all" - like "my dad hangs his underwear on the ceiling fan and wrestles with mom on Friday nights, man they make a lot of noise".

There was big controversy in Philadelphia, I believe it was last summer. The kids were skateboarding in Love Plaza which is a located across from City Hall. Well, it is also a spot where a lot of office workers, including civil servants, hang out at lunch time and in the early summer evenings.
Finally, the s**t hit the fan and the mayor got City Council to pass an ordinance prohibiting skatebnoarding there. It got front page coverage. The powers to be are still arguing over where to put a skateboard park to replace Love Plaza.:policeman:

BTW, Chumps, do you recall that location with the famous "Love" sculpture?;)

Congrats on the funding! You know besides the picture I have of Bam Margera and I........I do believe my ex has a video tape of me skateboarding in high heels after going out one night..............ha, I need to try to get a copy.

Back