Management System or Quickbooks

newindy

Expert
Florida
We are a newer P&C agency and I am trying to determine the best route to take in regards to accounting/commissions for the office.

We are using AMS360 for our management system, so this is a question for everyone who uses that system.

What do you use for accounting/commissions in your agency? What system do you find easier to work with? What are the pros and cons of using AMS360 for your accounting?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

We are a newer P&C agency and I am trying to determine the best route to take in regards to accounting/commissions for the office.

We are using AMS360 for our management system, so this is a question for everyone who uses that system.

What do you use for accounting/commissions in your agency? What system do you find easier to work with? What are the pros and cons of using AMS360 for your accounting?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Why aren't you using AMS360 for your accounting?

I am. It just seems a little cumbersome. Was curious if quick books might be a better option for the daily book keeping.

I am. It just seems a little cumbersome. Was curious if quick books might be a better option for the daily book keeping.

Keep plugging away at it. Take some of the accounting webinars Vertafore offers. I wouldn't waste my money on quick books when you already have everything you need.

We use quick books for our bookkeeping, but we don't have many agency bill accounts. Our mgmt system can do it all, but the time saved is worth the $200 quick books cost us. Every agency is different though.

I'm just saying or wondering, why would you ever spend the amount of money on AMS360, and it's a lot, and not use their accounting? Maybe I am missing something.

Good point. We chose not to pay for it actually. After 3 years of having AMS360 and thinking we needed more training but still never using it as much as we thought we would: we "downgraded" to a different mgmt system. Much cheaper, mouth more user friendly. Has worked for us so far.
We are a smaller agency, problem wasn't ams, it was us. In our situation it made since to move on.

Good points. I just wasn't sure if the accounting side of things might be more user friendly with Quickbooks. AMS just seems a little detached from everything as it does not integrate with your accounts very well.

Back