Manager with Penn Life/Senior Solutions?

Ok everyone, this is my first post. I first want to thank everyone for their wisdom and knowledge. I've been diligent in the "search before you post" rule and have learned a great deal from all of you.

I have found numerous posts regarding Senior Solutions, and while I don't hear great things about being an agent there, I do see posts stating that the way to make money with them is by being a manager. I've unfortunately been with Bankers for the past 8 months (not one of my best decisions) :skeptical: but have been offered a position as a manager with Senior Solutions under the Universal American umbrella. Is there anybody here that has experience as an actual manager with the company? Is it profitable?

I know I have to get out of Bankers; wish I'd a found this site prior to starting with them, though I have used the time there to at least learn the business a bit. But I just want to make sure not to jump out of one fire and into another.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
</IMG>

but have been offered a position as a manager with Senior Solutions under the Universal American umbrella.

Curiious. What kind of a deal are they offering you? Manager of what? Whom? Commish + override? Free office? Free coffee? What's the deal with them these days?

I have a buddy who is an agent in another state so from what I have gathered, the commish is the same as an agent. 6 month advance, 6 months as earned. I'd be a manager over a particular district here in Florida, and would need to hire 4 or more agents soon. 25% overide plus recruiting bonuses, decent amount...
No office (or coffee lol) as of hire, but promised down the road when needed. Free leads of existing company clients in my area and access to a lead generation source, which is a definite plus for me as I spend my own cash on leads for Bankers. They call it a "participating partner" if that helps. Do you have any experience with them?
The guys I met with seem like great guys to work for, so I know I can learn a lot and the idea of calling on existing clients seem spectacular in comparison to calling the turning 65 list everyday...:goofy:

Thanks

Ok everyone, this is my first post. I first want to thank everyone for their wisdom and knowledge. I've been diligent in the "search before you post" rule and have learned a great deal from all of you.

I have found numerous posts regarding Senior Solutions, and while I don't hear great things about being an agent there, I do see posts stating that the way to make money with them is by being a manager. I've unfortunately been with Bankers for the past 8 months (not one of my best decisions) :skeptical: but have been offered a position as a manager with Senior Solutions under the Universal American umbrella. Is there anybody here that has experience as an actual manager with the company? Is it profitable?

I know I have to get out of Bankers; wish I'd a found this site prior to starting with them, though I have used the time there to at least learn the business a bit. But I just want to make sure not to jump out of one fire and into another.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
</IMG>

I think it totally depends on where your priorities are and your confidence in "just being an agent". Personally there isn't enough money to entice me to become a "manager". But, I don't play well with others especially those "above me" who don't have a clue what they are doing.

After having been an independent agent there is no way that I could become an "employee". First of all I couldn't afford to take the cut in pay. I don't think there is any question that an agent can make a lot more money selling. Especially if you put in the same amount of time a "manager" will have to devote to their job.

Aside from the money, I there is no way that I could give up my total independence even if I couldn't make as much money being a manager. I am in total charge of what I do and how I spend my time and the decisions I make. That is "priceless" to me.

Honestly, have you even thought this out?

You're currently with Bankers, of which you have a low opinion. You have been their 8 months. Now you are thinking about joining Senior Solutions, of which you also have a low opinion. And now you're going to be a manager at Senior Solutions and recruit people to join an outfit where you wouldn't be an agent yourself. So, what does that say about your credibility, or the value you place upon it?

Additionally, you've been an agent for 8 months now. And here Penn Life/Senior Solutions is standing in line to make you a manger. What does that say about them? Is there anything in your background to qualify you as a sales manager? If not, it sounds like anyone with a pulse and a license can be a manager there. Is that really where you want to hang your hat?

Well, first, yes I do have a low opinion of my Bankers experience. Secondly, I definitely do not have a low opinion of Senior Solutions, I actually approached them through an old friend of mine.
My background is mostly sales management, and I do have a degree so I don't think just anyone with a license can be a manager there. I've done my homework on the company through various resources, and like what I hear so far, just wanted to put it out here to see what I'd get back. I've learned so much from the forum already, and wanted to see what some of you would have to say about it, so thanks.
Frank, I can understand what you're saying about being independent, and obviously that's working great for you. For me, I feel like I haven't been in the industry a year yet and I'm sure that there's so much more I need to learn before going Indy. I know that I like the business, and I'm good at it, but with kids and a wife I definitely want to make sure I'm prepared before making that jump. But hopefully down the road, I'll join you...

Thanks!

Frank, I can understand what you're saying about being independent, and obviously that's working great for you. For me, I feel like I haven't been in the industry a year yet and I'm sure that there's so much more I need to learn before going Indy. I know that I like the business, and I'm good at it, but with kids and a wife I definitely want to make sure I'm prepared before making that jump. But hopefully down the road, I'll join you...

Thanks!

It sounds like you have made a well-informed, intelligent decision. I can't argue with your reasoning.

If you ever decide you would "like to join us" please don't hesitate to give me a call. I will be more than pleased to help you in anyway I can, especially if it is related to the senior market. Until then please keep us updated and best of luck in your new venture.

Back