Managing UW guidelines across carriers

smilingnomad

Have heard from many agency owners and brokers I've spoken with that they've been struggling to keep tabs on changing policy guidelines across each line and carrier they write. Reaching out to understand who else is having this problem, what the impact is on your agency (e.g. close rate/ time to close), and how you deal with it today (e.g. look for email updates, check carrier portal, etc). Anyone using or seen any solutions that have been helpful?

It would also be helpful to understand which lines you and carriers you write for (or how many of each).

Doing a bit of research to see if this is a challenge that my team and I (we're entrepreneurs, designers, tech, and insurance geeks) can help solve on either the carrier or agency side. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Here is a big need in the Medicare space:

A software program for insurance agents that interfaces with the Medicare.gov Part D Plan Finder Tool. Design an effective product at a reasonable price and you will have yourself a goldmine.

@Stephen - thanks for your feedback. While it's unrelated to my original question, I would like to know a bit more about what you and other insurance agents need when it comes to Medicare.gov Part D Plan Finder tool. Thus, I will search the forums first and then if it makes sense, start a separate thread on that topic. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back