Manhattan (CUL) Dental, Vision, Hearing Rate Increse

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Received a notice that Manhattan is raising rates about 10% in most states on new and in force business.. Hat to have clients that are getting rate increases their first renewal ... :no:

With their new claim form that has to be filled out and their denial of coverage, I’ve already stopped writing them.

What do you mean by denial of coverage?

Just too many calls and complaints the last few months of getting a check for $12 or so even after a year of coverage. It’s just too much work to figure it all out for little pay When I Never have to with Medicare plans. So at this point I’m just going back to never recommend a dental plans.

What new claim form? :huh:

We used to be able to just send Them the bill and in two weeks a check was cut. Now they require a claim form to be filled out with the bill.
I had 5 clients where I was personally uploading their claim forms and receipt and CUL would say multiple times they never received anything.

They’ve just lost my biz and are a pita to work with now.

We used to be able to just send Them the bill and in two weeks a check was cut. Now they require a claim form to be filled out with the bill.
I had 5 clients where I was personally uploading their claim forms and receipt and CUL would say multiple times they never received anything.

Are you uploading the forms on the website?

This is the second or third rate revision in just a couple of years... In addition, they went from actual charges to UCR which effectively is a rate adjustment as they pay less for the same premium. It appears they tried to jump in this market without doing their homework.

Are you uploading the forms on the website?

This is the second or third rate revision in just a couple of years... In addition, they went from actual charges to UCR which effectively is a rate adjustment as they pay less for the same premium. It appears they tried to jump in this market without doing their homework.
2nd rate adjustment. Yeah, I wish they stayed Actual Charges. I bought mine when they had Actual Charges, so I'm grandfathered in. The only one I know of that still pays Actual Charges is UNL/GTL, but their's is a rider at this point and doesn't cover hearing aids. Also limited on vision($200 per year).

That doesn't sound good. I've filed claims for those that use Walmart for vision, because Walmart doesn't accept them. I haven't used a claim form, or heard anything about a claim form. When did this start? :huh:

2nd rate adjustment. Yeah, I wish they stayed Actual Charges. I bought mine when they had Actual Charges, so I'm grandfathered in. The only one I know of that still pays Actual Charges is UNL/GTL, but their's is a rider at this point and doesn't cover hearing aids. Also limited on vision($200 per year).
UNL has a dental and vision policy , $2000 coverage priced about the same as CUL but as you say, limited vision and no hearing..

Back