Manhatten Life for Med Supps?

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone worked with Manhatten Life for med supps? They have really low rates in Iowa but I've heard that they only have a B rating with AM Best and that some E & O carriers will not insure for them. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks...

Has anyone worked with Manhatten Life for med supps? They have really low rates in Iowa but I've heard that they only have a B rating with AM Best and that some E & O carriers will not insure for them. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks...

The only claims an E&O policy would not cover because of the company rating are those that arise out of the company going bankrupt. All other claims are covered just as if the company had an A++ rating.

I use B carriers all the time. Probably 95% of my block is with B carriers.

Have used them off and on for about 5 years in Georgia. No complaints. Using them more this year since one of my "go to" carriers went crazy. Rolled 20 clients to MLIC in the past 60 days.

Thanks...

Their e-app is nice.

Like the others said, the ratings don't matter too much for me... (ever hear of AIG? :D).

The only claims an E&O policy would not cover because of the company rating are those that arise out of the company going bankrupt. All other claims are covered just as if the company had an A++ rating.

How are insurance customers covered if a company goes BK? (more thinking of annuities or WL)

How are insurance customers covered if a company goes BK? (more thinking of annuities or WL)

In the case of Med Supp, they would have guaranteed issue.

"Your Medigap insurance company goes bankrupt and you lose your coverage, or your Medigap policy coverage otherwise ends through no fault of your own.
You have the right to buy Medigap Plan A, B, C, F, K, or L that’s sold by any insurance company in your state.

You can/must apply for a Medigap policy no later than 63 calendar days from the date your coverage ends"

Note: didn't notice qualifier of annuities and WL before I posted

I thought the question related more to current claims rather than future ones.

ie: what happens if the med supp carrier goes bankrupt before it pays current open medicare claims which it is contractually obligated to pay, leaving the policy holder on the hook for what Medicare did not pay.

Back