MAPD commissions first to get the AXE?

Will Agents lose MAPD renewals in financial crisis?

• Total voters

25MercuryHP

Super Genius
When everything is wonderful in MAPD world Beware commissions of subsidized govt programs will be first to be reduced imo…. I throw caution in the wind bc like anything else good things come to an end. Especially for newbies just entering this govt funded product and fully vesting their future

We have been on a good run since (2003) providing seniors with free groceries, free otc products, free MAPD programs and now FREE DENTAL. Govt subsidies in a failing medicare reimbursement program will be revisted by new administration guaranteed 2025.

The first to be removed will be these high costs of paying agents commissions after the first year in renewals. I know the haters here will lose alot in income, but I believe the writing is on the wall. For example AHIP and carrier required training to “keep” getting only RENEWALS is a sign of things to come as we enter possible financial mayhem across the country.

This party has to end with someone getting the AXE and it wont be the policy holders.

sounds like you don't fully understand how the commissions work. Gloom and doom, world is going to end. Turn off Glenn Beck, log off Zero Hedge, and stop listening to Peter Schiff. Go outside, the sun is still shining, grocery stores are still open, and traffic is still flowing on the highways. Its not the end of the world.

I've been predicting that (the 2nd wave of commission cuts) for several years. Fortunately I've been wrong so far. I think it will come but no reason agents shouldn't sell all of them they can sell currently. Just don't put ALL your eggs in that basket.

This party has to end with someone getting the AXE and it wont be the policy holders.

I think the ultimate question is: "do agents add value commensurate to the renewal commissions received?" This is the only relevant question, because the need to service plan members isn't going away just because commissions are (presumably) cut. The reason MAPD renewals are higher than, say, Med sup renewals is because they require more hands-on babysitting. SOMEONE will have to do that babysitting, whether it's the agent, the carrier, or government nannies. I don't see how shifting the cost of that babysitting to the carriers saves the government money in the long run; the carriers aren't going to want a pay cut considering the fact that they'll need to hire more staff to handle the increased incident rates. If the govt presses the issue, more carriers will simply bow out, leaving fewer choices for the senior market, and then the next wave of complaints and suggestions will be how to revive MA again. It's all well and good for activists to say, "let's cut those nasty agent commissions" but you can't change basic market forces with good feelings and slogans.

It's all well and good for activists to say, "let's cut those nasty agent commissions" but you can't change basic market forces with good feelings and slogans.
I can remember back in the dinosaur days when Obama got his insurance license. You can call it Obamacare or ACA. It doesn't matter. The first thing to go was agents and commissions. Companies dropped us like hot potatoes to chase a dollar.

Think it won't happen again.

I can remember back in the dinosaur days when Obama got his insurance license. You can call it Obamacare or ACA. It doesn't matter. The first thing to go was agents and commissions. Companies dropped us like hot potatoes to chase a dollar.

Think it won't happen again.

Oh it can happen again. But I doubt that it will last long, if it does happen. The market always wins, in the end.

I think the ultimate question is: "do agents add value commensurate to the renewal commissions received?" This is the only relevant question, because the need to service plan members isn't going away just because commissions are (presumably) cut. The reason MAPD renewals are higher than, say, Med sup renewals is because they require more hands-on babysitting. SOMEONE will have to do that babysitting, whether it's the agent, the carrier, or government nannies. I don't see how shifting the cost of that babysitting to the carriers saves the government money in the long run; the carriers aren't going to want a pay cut considering the fact that they'll need to hire more staff to handle the increased incident rates. If the govt presses the issue, more carriers will simply bow out, leaving fewer choices for the senior market, and then the next wave of complaints and suggestions will be how to revive MA again. It's all well and good for activists to say, "let's cut those nasty agent commissions" but you can't change basic market forces with good feelings and slogans.

Member MAPD medical cards have 1800 to call in house agents. Just another red flag bc I am seeing in house agents aggressively steal clients by using words like “you dont need an agent, just call us (in house) You cannot change back a client with an AOR change form now either when they get stolen by in house agents. Just another red flag.

Altogether I see this MAPD renewal party not ending well for broker agents.

Just sayn bc I see the signs already heading that way. IMO

sounds like you don't fully understand how the commissions work. Gloom and doom, world is going to end. Turn off Glenn Beck, log off Zero Hedge, and stop listening to Peter Schiff. Go outside, the sun is still shining, grocery stores are still open, and traffic is still flowing on the highways. Its not the end of the world.

The sun shinning is a hellofa lot different than govt subsidies bro

We all have our opinions but I dont think MAPD commissions is going to be sustained with all this FREE crap they are giving seniors. Baby boomers are entering bigtime into the medicare family

Brace urselves bc its hard to take away from seniors all the free stuff. The AXE will fall on renewal commissions

In my opinion

Ummm....turn on the news. Debt crisis members are now talking about cutting health services, and mapd is on the target list now with $400 billion in potential savings on the table to be cut or reduced probably. Same for drug companies.

Not gonna take away grandma's dental, that's for sure. Be ready to charge fees if commission go away. When ACA went to zero, many states changed laws to allow fees to be charged if zero commish. The elite agents will survive, clients always need help and advice with complicated products

Back