MAPD Commissions Question

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know if commissions are less if client switches from Company A to Company B during AEP?

For example: Rick takes client BettyLou off of company A and enrolls her on company B. Since she had MA coverage before this is not her FIRST time having that type of coverage. Rick makes 50%. Now since Rick is in such a high tax bracket Rick pays 50% in taxes... Rick makes ~$100/enrollee of this type.

God bless American, home of the free to be taxed and regulated to death.

Interesting.....does anyone know what 100% of commission is on AARP and Anthem MAPD plans? (if you were making all of the commissions vs. having someone else take a cut of it...)

Interesting.....does anyone know what 100% of commission is on AARP and Anthem MAPD plans? (if you were making all of the commissions vs. having someone else take a cut of it...)

If only we could go Direct and collect it ALL!!! I've asked every MA company and the answer is always the same. They pay the same whether you are direct or thru an upline distribution.

The MA companies pay approximately $700 for an enrollment, not including the true-up to the agent. $400 of that filters down to the agent.

Therefore, what we make doesn't or shouldn't matter to the company. They pay $700 regardless of how much is paid to the downline.

Rick

Sounds like Rick is at the heartbeat of what is shakin with the MA companies.

Another question, but not about comm. What does Medicare pay the enrolling MA company for assuming the healthcare expense risk, in lieu of Medicare, for the Medicare Beneficiary for the contract year? I have never seen that written anywhere and figured that it must be a tidy sum.

Also, I would assume then that if the MA company retains the insured that HHS must pay the MA company half the amount for 2nd and subsequent years... because it is NOT new risk...? ha-ha :)-

This is all very interesting...so how do agents make a killing during the AEP if they are making 50% when switching MAPD clients to new MAPD plans? I make about $125 for the switches, which is why I prefer working with T65 clients.

I make a very good living working aep, i make 201.50 if someone switches from one co. to another and i make 403.50 if they are new to the advantage plan program no matter how old they are.

Sounds like Rick is at the heartbeat of what is shakin with the MA companies.

Another question, but not about comm. What does Medicare pay the enrolling MA company for assuming the healthcare expense risk, in lieu of Medicare, for the Medicare Beneficiary for the contract year? I have never seen that written anywhere and figured that it must be a tidy sum.

Also, I would assume then that if the MA company retains the insured that HHS must pay the MA company half the amount for 2nd and subsequent years... because it is NOT new risk...? ha-ha :)-

It's called the capitation rate. It is published somewhere. It's been a while since I have seen one. It was in the neighborhood of $10,000/yr. More for SNP's.

Back