MAPD for Someone who Can Afford Medigap/PartD

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
If a senior has enough financial resources to afford a MedigapF and Part D plan, is there any good reason for them to forgo the Medigap and go with a MAPD plan?

Personal comfort and it is their decision. I teach it down the middle, no encouragement to one side or the other unless there is compelling information that makes one undesirable. Let them decide. There is no bad choice. I've had clients on both for years and they are all happy. Even the ones that go through the hassle of pre-authorizations and then pay money out of pocket are happy when they reflect on what the other side cost every year.

Edit to add: I'd say easily that more of my MA clients can afford a medigap than can't.

If a senior has enough financial resources to afford a MedigapF and Part D plan, is there any good reason for them to forgo the Medigap and go with a MAPD plan?

First of all, Plan F is rarely the best value.

Beyond that, you'll sell more if you sell people what they want. Not what you think is best.

Rick

A fellow agent recently made the comment to me that MA plans are for the rich, or the poor, but people in the middle buy the medsupps. I thought that was funny and somewhat true

A fellow agent recently made the comment to me that MA plans are for the rich, or the poor, but people in the middle buy the medsupps. I thought that was funny and somewhat true

My wealthiest clients wanted nothing to do with a med supp until their accountant requested or rather informed them they needed to spend more money on healthcare.

My wealthiest clients wanted nothing to do with a med supp until their accountant requested or rather informed them they needed to spend more money on healthcare.

.Lets say med supp/pdp combo premium is 3,000. annually and the MA plan they like has a 6700 moop .so accountant is advising to spend at the minimum 3000 for med supp for tax write off benefit instead taking MA where they most likely would spend much less then 3000 however following the accountants logic it would be better for write off purposes for them to hit the 6700 moop.WTF?

This is why I roll my eyes when prospects tell me they have to talk with their accountant before deciding on health insurance

I've always said there are 3 different places where a client is best off with a MAPD. Those who can't qualify. Those who can't afford a med supp, and lastly those that just won't afford a med supp.

Either way, as long as they understand both then give them what they want.

Back