MAPD for Someone who Can Afford Medigap/PartD

As noted above, while tendencies can be seen, you can't assume rich people want a Supp or that lower middle class people cannot afford one or won't pay for one.

Some wealthy clients simply look at what they have been paying for a Supp and conclude that an MA is a better value if it has a good network, etc.

A lot of this is going to depend on the market. In some markets, MA is basically a last resort for those who can't afford a Supp or who can't qualify for one. In others (typically those with very good networks) "everybody" has one of the popular HMO plans and buying a Supp is seen as an unnecessary expense by many seniors.

As noted above, while tendencies can be seen, you can't assume rich people want a Supp or that lower middle class people cannot afford one or won't pay for one.

Some wealthy clients simply look at what they have been paying for a Supp and conclude that an MA is a better value if it has a good network, etc.

A lot of this is going to depend on the market. In some markets, MA is basically a last resort for those who can't afford a Supp or who can't qualify for one. In others (typically those with very good networks) "everybody" has one of the popular HMO plans and buying a Supp is seen as an unnecessary expense by many seniors.
I am new. I agree. Doing the right thing for the client is important to me. I find that using the Medicare.gov prescription app is the most important thing to most of my clients. Medication cost is what I find to be the most concerning. I cant decide which plan I would buy myself sometimes. MAPD plans seem to be the winner 80% of the time in Atlanta. I give everyone the same opportunity and explain both equally. Maybe that is my market? Time will tell I guess.

Don't presume to know what they want, need or can afford. Doing that only makes the process more difficult.

I focus on areas outside of Atlanta but have a fair number of clients in the Atlanta area as well. Some are quite wealthy but most are just middle class folks living off SS and some savings.

Back