MAPD Leads

jaderok

I am a newly independent agent and I need some help developing leads for MAPD products.

My lead development journey so far is as follows: I have bought internet leads from two different companies and have found that the prospects either dont answer or have been contacted multiple times; I brought this up to my account manager and he verified that each lead I buy is sold to 4 other agents. So I looked into exclusive internet leads and they are 2-3 times the price and since I haven't had much luck with internet leads I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

I just recently purchased a direct mail piece for 1000 people in my home town. I keep the qty low to keep the price low; I am going to measure the results and determine if it makes sense to invest more money in direct mail.

I've thought about farming LTC and SNF facilities in my area. I am hoping to leave a flyer and business cards and see what pans out. Since AEP is right around the corner, I have contacted some of the major carriers about their retail programs. I am signed up for one program and I am in the process of finding out more info about another one.

That is what I have come with so far. Does anyone have any advice on to start a grassroots marketing campaign for MAPD products? Or any ideas on how to develop these MAPD leads? Supps you can cold call but I dont want to play the game of cold calling for a supp and writing an advantage plan so I need help. Please. Before the wife makes me get a corporate job! ;)

Here's an idea....design a nice post card and leave it on the cars at the Nursing homes and rehab centers. Just an idea....what do you think?

For one, nobody asked for you to put flyers/postcards on their property. Second, most will wind up on the ground littering the area. Third, it's a really asshole thing to do.

Rick

I am a newly independent agent and I need some help developing leads for MAPD products.

My lead development journey so far is as follows: I have bought internet leads from two different companies and have found that the prospects either dont answer or have been contacted multiple times; I brought this up to my account manager and he verified that each lead I buy is sold to 4 other agents. So I looked into exclusive internet leads and they are 2-3 times the price and since I haven't had much luck with internet leads I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

I just recently purchased a direct mail piece for 1000 people in my home town. I keep the qty low to keep the price low; I am going to measure the results and determine if it makes sense to invest more money in direct mail.

I've thought about farming LTC and SNF facilities in my area. I am hoping to leave a flyer and business cards and see what pans out. Since AEP is right around the corner, I have contacted some of the major carriers about their retail programs. I am signed up for one program and I am in the process of finding out more info about another one.

That is what I have come with so far. Does anyone have any advice on to start a grassroots marketing campaign for MAPD products? Or any ideas on how to develop these MAPD leads? Supps you can cold call but I dont want to play the game of cold calling for a supp and writing an advantage plan so I need help. Please. Before the wife makes me get a corporate job! ;)

Pardon my ignorance on this, but what "retail" programs are you referring to? Thanks.

Doesn't have to be for Medicare Advantage. Could be for Senior Insurance. Why is it a bad idea? (no offense taken)

A it of what GreenSky said encompasses it.
A comedian I really enjoy says, "whenever I get a flyer from someone, I feel like they are saying 'here, YOU throw this away...'"

funny posts, especially that last one here, but again no solid recommendations for the orginal question, obviously i have more time than customers today, thought I would learn something useful here

Since you are saying MAPD leads, they have to be requesting information or a cross sell of a previous sale. So that's basically DM or web lead.

Short of that, find a place where seniors congregate and ask if you can put on an event on Medicare advantage. Senior centers, churches, synagogues, whatever.

Or you could just cold call people on the phone and tell them you are from Medicare, and then ask them if they would like to talk about Medicare Advantage plans...
:policeman::bump::policeman::bump::policeman::bump:

Back