MAPD +Medicaid

New kid

Expert
Hello everyone. I apologize if this question was already posted. What is the right thing to do for the client who qualifies for Medicaid and Medicare: Staying with original Medicare or getting on MAPD plan, and why?
Thank you

It just depends on your area. Here in FL I can get someone $100/month OTC, unlimited dental, etc. Some people who have share of cost can join some dual plans which help them too. Or if they want a ppo I have that option as well.

But I don’t know what’s available in your state and if it’s worth it to them.

In Southern California, the DSNP plans are rich in EXTRA BENEFITS that are not provided by Medi-Cal. Such as $500 for eyeglasses, unlimited transportation, comprehensive dental, hearing aids, acupuncture, chiropractor and podiatry.

I am in IL but licensed in many states

Chazm point was- where the client is the determining factor. If the client in is FL, they have great DSNP, if you are in rural Kentucky, your options are limited.

If the client is wanting all the extras like the dental, vision, OTC allowance & all the providers are in network the MAPD DSNP plan is great. Every client has different needs and wants. I am also licensed in a lot of states & the benefits tend to be good in and around major cities, but not so sweet in rural unpopulated areas.

Nice, I've heard some agents saying they should stay with original Medicare.
Thank you for responding

Back