MAPD Member Disability / Turning 65

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Have a new client who is on Medicare because of disability. She has part A/B since 5/1/2002. She's currently enrolled in a MAPD plan and will be turning 65 in June 2016.

Although she's already enrolled in a MAPD plan, will she be eligible to change her MAPD plan within the 7 month period from March 2016 - Sept 2016?

Have a new client who is on Medicare because of disability. She has part A/B since 5/1/2002. She's currently enrolled in a MAPD plan and will be turning 65 in June 2016.

Although she's already enrolled in a MAPD plan, will she be eligible to change her MAPD plan within the 7 month period from March 2016 - Sept 2016?

Yes she can............

She can get a medigap plan as well using open enrollment. Much better option if she can afford it

She can get a medigap plan as well using open enrollment. Much better option if she can afford it

Not always... Depends! I don't buy the notion that supps are always the better option, just depends.

But I do agree that the OP should mention it to make sure she knows her options.

You can treat her situation as if the disability and the prior time time on Medicare never existed.

If she has a low income subsidy, IEP2 goes into effect next month. if she does not receive low income subsidies, IEP2 goes into effect 1st day of BD month

....in my limited anecdotal experience

Back