MAPD PPO vs Medigap?

I'm in Michigan, and we have some pretty good MAPD plans here. I wouldn't push one over the other, I'd explain both options to the customer, find out if they travel a lot, or go to the dr a lot, then ask which product they would feel more comfortable with. They will either pay up front with a Medigap, or later with a MAPD. Then find out about drugs, and provider to make sure the plan has them on the formulary and in network. I include a hospital indemnity plan with a MAPD as well.

They are never "stuck" in a plan. They can change during open enrollment, that's what it's for.

I'm in Michigan, and we have some pretty good MAPD plans here. I wouldn't push one over the other, I'd explain both options to the customer, find out if they travel a lot, or go to the dr a lot, then ask which product they would feel more comfortable with. They will either pay up front with a Medigap, or later with a MAPD. Then find out about drugs, and provider to make sure the plan has them on the formulary and in network. I include a hospital indemnity plan with a MAPD as well.

They are never "stuck" in a plan. They can change during open enrollment, that's what it's for.

You can change MA plans. If they're sick and can't med qualify they aren't going back to Med Supp

As a fellow Michigander, we are heavy MA.. which is good I guess, since we only get 3y on MS renews before it gets quartered.

It does force agents to shop rates every year though

Here is Pa. MAPD's are in a wide variety. Much comparison should be done (speaking PPO's only) … not all prescriptions associated with MA's are a good thing...it is important to study that aspect of the plan as it pertains to the prospect. It can certainly be a decision maker. When I see prospects who do not know which "world" to chose (original medicare vs. MA) it would be injustice to them to just speak of one avenue to travel.
I do this on my radio program and it is well received.

When you say not all prescriptions associated with ma’s are a good thing, that can always be said about pdp’s as well.
We all know that Med supps are great. But for anyone taking non generic medications, part d blows in comparison.

How long have you been in the biz? Over time you’ll find out there’s more to it than “pay up front with a Medigap or pay later with a MAPD”.
Plus, if it’s explained to me that way, I’d choose a MAPD. You could end up with a lot of future unhappy clients.

But for anyone taking non generic medications, part d blows in comparison.

Again that depends on the area, Can't tell you how many times I compared MA vrs PDP with people

And when it came to drugs the difference can be $1000 per year or more saving on PDP, When it comes to tier 3 or 4 drugs

Again that depends on the area, Can't tell you how many times I compared MA vrs PDP with people

And when it came to drugs the difference can be $1000 per year or more saving on PDP, When it comes to tier 3 or 4 drugs

I said part D. Part D is pretty much the same nationwide. I think you misread what I typed. I said Med supps are great...part D in comparison blows. Doesn’t matter where you live.

I said part D. Part D is pretty much the same nationwide. I think you misread what I typed. I said Med supps are great...part D in comparison blows. Doesn’t matter where you live.

Maybe I misunderstood you, I had thought you meant it blows in comparison to Part D in MAPD

I stand corrected I understand now

Back