State:
    Pennsylvania
    as opposed to PDP's and even other MAPD's

Tom S, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:17 PM
  3. SKQuinn

SKQuinn Expert

State:
    Michigan
    I'm in Michigan, and we have some pretty good MAPD plans here. I wouldn't push one over the other, I'd explain both options to the customer, find out if they travel a lot, or go to the dr a lot, then ask which product they would feel more comfortable with. They will either pay up front with a Medigap, or later with a MAPD. Then find out about drugs, and provider to make sure the plan has them on the formulary and in network. I include a hospital indemnity plan with a MAPD as well.

They are never "stuck" in a plan. They can change during open enrollment, that's what it's for.

SKQuinn, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:14 PM
  4. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    You can change MA plans. If they're sick and can't med qualify they aren't going back to Med Supp

As a fellow Michigander, we are heavy MA.. which is good I guess, since we only get 3y on MS renews before it gets quartered.

It does force agents to shop rates every year though

5. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    When you say not all prescriptions associated with ma’s are a good thing, that can always be said about pdp’s as well.
    We all know that Med supps are great. But for anyone taking non generic medications, part d blows in comparison.

Chazm, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:34 PM
  6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    How long have you been in the biz? Over time you’ll find out there’s more to it than “pay up front with a Medigap or pay later with a MAPD”.
    Plus, if it’s explained to me that way, I’d choose a MAPD. You could end up with a lot of future unhappy clients.

Chazm, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:36 PM
  7. Tom S

Tom S New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Chazm...are you replying to me? If so, I am probably not being clear enough for you to understand my points regarding PDP's and MAPD's.

Tom S, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:48 PM
  8. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Again that depends on the area, Can't tell you how many times I compared MA vrs PDP with people

And when it came to drugs the difference can be $1000 per year or more saving on PDP, When it comes to tier 3 or 4 drugs

vic120, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:49 PM
  9. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I said part D. Part D is pretty much the same nationwide. I think you misread what I typed. I said Med supps are great...part D in comparison blows. Doesn’t matter where you live.

Chazm, Jun 11, 2019 at 10:58 PM
  10. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

Maybe I misunderstood you, I had thought you meant it blows in comparison to Part D in MAPD

I stand corrected I understand now

vic120, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM