MAPD referral site/agency?

A couple of years ago I got an email from a site that said they'd pay $100 me for MAPD referrals/enrollments. This way I wouldn't have to get certified.

I deleted the email and now I'm wondering if anyone uses a service like this?

I'm pretty sure it's no renewals, but it might save me aggravation if I didn't have to deal with MAPD.

Of course I'm in an area that has a 46% MAPD penetration, so I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but 95% of my business is Medicare Supplement anyway.

I'm not looking for an agent so please don't give me your name. I'm looking for a company that has systems set up for this already.

Can you tell me who you are using, if anyone, to refer your MAPD clients to?

Healthsherpa might. I know they used to only do ACA but I think they’ve added medicare now. But it might only be credits.

If you think certifying is too much trouble you're in the wrong business.

Interesting perspective GreenSky.

If MAPD is only 5% of my business, and I'm spending 20% of my time dealing with issues because of who that product attracts, then it makes sense for me to give up the 5% so I can focus on how I really make money--the 95%.

So, GreenSky, I respectfully disagree with you. I'm in the right business. My clients love me. I love most of my clients. 80% of my clients come from referrals, 10% from my website, and 10% from organic YELP.traffic (I don't advertise there and Yelp clients are not turning out to be so easy to work with either).

It's just where do I want to focus my time, where I'm making money and enjoying life, or where I'm not making very much money, and not enjoying working with those clients?

Everyone in this business has the right to make that choice. And quite frankly, we all have the responsibility to make that choice also.

If MA is only 5% then why worry about a commission split? Find a captive agent with Humana who would be happy to refer their supp business in exchange for MA referrals.

If you don't know an agent let me know and I'll refer you.

Rick

Interesting perspective GreenSky.

If MAPD is only 5% of my business, and I'm spending 20%
of my time dealing with issues because of who that product attracts, then it makes sense for me to give up the 5% so I can focus on how I really make money--the 95%.

So, GreenSky, I respectfully disagree with you. I'm in the right business. My clients love me. I love most of my clients. 80% of my clients come from referrals, 10% from my website, and 10% from organic YELP.traffic (I don't advertise there and Yelp clients are not turning out to be so easy to work with either).

It's just where do I want to focus my time, where I'm making money and enjoying life, or where I'm not making very much money, and not enjoying working with those clients?

Everyone in this business has the right to make that choice. And quite frankly, we all have the responsibility to make that choice also.

You wouldn't spend anywhere near 20% of your time like you might think you would. Even though your end might meet your intentions, your numbers are way off. But I do understand.

If you refer the case to me and I sell it, I'll cut you a check for 100 for the MAPD case, no renewal. I pay commissions twice a year. PM me if you are interested .

Latest posts

Back