MAPD Seminars: Getting 'em in the door

fun2drum

Super Genius
To those who successfully get 25+ qualified attendees at your MAPD seminars, what kind of marketing are you doing in order to get those qualified attendees? What kind of venues? What kind, if any, snacks and drinks?

Wow a hundred views and nobody wants to chime in? Okay forget about the 25+ thing - Anybody getting 10 attendees? 5?
Okay, anybody who has had more than zero qualified attendees in a MAPD seminar over the past 5 years, How'd ya do it? :biggrin:

I hold mine at the local Hyatt Hotel. I offer a free sit down prime rib dinner with an open bar. To enter my event, I require a copy of their Medicare id card, and, they must attest they are not secret shoppers.

If you are going to require my medicare id card, I will also require some type of nice chocolate flavored dessert too.

Wow a hundred views and nobody wants to chime in? Okay forget about the 25+ thing - Anybody getting 10 attendees? 5?
Okay, anybody who has had more than zero qualified attendees in a MAPD seminar over the past 5 years, How'd ya do it? :biggrin:
I think you can search back through chazm's posts for one perspective. He has started doing seminars and I think he has made several posts about his procedures in answer to questions in recent threads.

Everyone at one of my seminars has free access to the chocolate fountain. Also, be sure to stick around until the end. That is when we have the 50/50 raffle, and, we give away the Samsung 80" flat screen.

I think you can search back through chazm's posts for one perspective. He has started doing seminars and I think he has made several posts about his procedures in answer to questions in recent threads.

Yeah I was hoping he would chime in. I remember seeing him post that he does a lot of them, but I don't remember any details. I've done some thread searches for seminar info but they produced very little. I do admit I get bored quickly doing searches so I give up quickly, especially when I can just ask and maybe get more current answers.

See if this will help you a little bit. Get into the advanced search.

go up to the search box in the upper right corner. put anything in the search term.
Then you should see a Search tab and a More tab.
Click on More.
then put seminars in the search term box.
chazm in the member box
and go with that.
It looks like that will get you at least a few of his posts for starters.

good luck with the seminars.

I'm an ICA with UHC so they take care of marketing and setting up venue contracts. Last year was my first year and I was kind of thrown into meetings. Matter of fact, I think my first post on here was seeking help because my agent manager did not prepare me for my first meeting.

I only did Enrollment Meetings during AEP. There's a brochure/flyer that gets in the newspaper and to be honest that was the only advertising I personally saw (I'm also not the target audience). My meetings were at the library and the conference room of a hotel. Just water and coffee along with the little giveaway items.

I had a lot of luck with walk ins at the library. I was able to put up a flyer for future dates but I also got to the library when the opened to have my signs showing the meeting time. I had A LOT of walk ins that way. During set up and take down people would just stop by. RSVP's for each meeting at the library 10-20 September and November. Meetings were scheduled Tuesday or Thursday 10am or 12pm.

I have a new agent manager this year and he has a different approach to things...just waiting to get all of the details. Restaurants, libraries, and hotels again for Enrollment Meetings. Churches, senior club houses, Dr offices, and the Moose Lodge for Educational Meetings.

I hope some of that helps.

Don’t expect to get 25.

A guy in Iowa had 27 set up for tonight but I only get between 3-6 per seminar on average in FL. Do 1-2 seminars a week and you are golden.

Snacks, drinks? Nah. Why? They aren’t there for that and the seminar last 50 min. You don’t want to waste time with them getting up to grab a coffee.

Marketing? That’s what you need to figure out. We all gotta start somewhere. Figure out what works best for you.

Latest posts

Back