MAPD SEP for moving question

Limozine

Super Genius
Here's the scenario: lady was on a UHC MAPD in Florida. Lady moved to SC in February and has spent the past few weeks getting her affairs in order. UHC does not offer the same MAPD in her new county in SC. My understanding of the SEP for moving is that she has two months after the month of the move to change to a new MAPD, so I sign her up for a new MAPD earlier this week, with a different carrier, effective date of April 1. She learns today that UHC saw she had a new address (how they learned of this, she doesn't know) and has already dropped her coverage effective March 1st.

Is this normal? What are her options in such a scenario?

She had to call and tell them she moved they would not have done that as quick by changing address at the post office or S.S

She had to call and tell them she moved they would not have done that as quick by changing address at the post office or S.S

My upline thinks a doctor reported it. She broke her hand in the move and had to get treated. I'm not sure if she was treated her or there.

Thought you had 6 months after moving to keep the old plan.

CMS rules state that you have two months after notifying your old carrier or two months after your move to elect a new plan. But it doesn't tell you that the old plan can drop you as soon as you move.

My upline thinks a doctor reported it. She broke her hand in the move and had to get treated. I'm not sure if she was treated her or there.

I doubt it but either way, it's done, need to work with it, Not your fault, won't happen often may never see it again, So If you can write the plan do it if not move on

Yes they can drop and will as soon as they know the move is made, I still think the only way the would have known, that fast, is if either she or a family member called and told them

She probably had trouble getting out of aera doc covered and told them she moved in hopes of getting it covered and now is looking for you to help

I'm 100% sure that yes there's two months SEP after a move. That's one thing. Another thing entirely is that once the carrier is notifed of a move, then they're required to term the plan at the end of that current month. That does not affect the SEP which is still the full two months following the move.

Back