Marijuana

From a UW point of view, medical use would likely be a decline, recreational use would have a higher chance of approval.

With life UW, a pot smoker is usually just classified as a tobacco user. It is never a decline. And more and more carriers now consider pot smokers non-smokers.

Usually I would agree that some things are better off unsaid. But any pot smoker knows that THC will show up on the urine test for 1-2 months after you smoke. Hard drugs are usually out of your system in a few days. So the urine test will expose the pot smoker. That is why they are more likely to tell the agent... and they should at least with life insurance.

If you dont say anything about pot use, you might end up paying double for life insurance what you could have it you told the agent. If a crack smoker failed to disclose then they would likely be approved as long as they dont smoke 2-3 days prior to the paramed.

If a pot smoker tells me that they smoke, I can put them with a carrier that will consider them a non-smoker. Some things are actually better to disclose. Of course it all depends on the type of product too. LTCI hasnt caught up with Life UW yet.

Last edited:
My concern isn't with disclosing it... I know it's in the medical record already. It was a once in 10 years type of thing but it's in the record because there was a concern of a medical issue that turned out to be nothing butshared the recent pot smoking with the doctor and the applicant knows it's in the records.

Sounds like you know this 1st hand.:cool:

Only 60 more days and I can pass the test.:twitchy:

Glad to hear you are close to passing your court mandated drug test! lol
Btw, if you are overweight it takes even longer to get out of your system.

The thc info is from my young days... lol... the other info about hard drugs is from the local ExamOne franchise owner.

Glad to hear you are close to passing your court mandated drug test! lol
Btw, if you are overweight it takes even longer to get out of your system.

The thc info is from my young days... lol... the other info about hard drugs is from the local ExamOne franchise owner.

The only place I'm overweight is my gut. Crap, I guess it'll take me 90 days now.:laugh:

Back