Marketing at Costco, Wal-Mart or Sam's Club

I always see third party vendors set up at these places selling something (sun rooms, decks, tax services, travel services, etc).

Has anyone here ever tried this? Any thoughts on how you would go about getting something like this up and running?

I always see third party vendors set up at these places selling something (sun rooms, decks, tax services, travel services, etc).

Has anyone here ever tried this? Any thoughts on how you would go about getting something like this up and running?

Yeah speak to the manager...I believe they have a schedule for people to be able to do things outside. Having said that I believe all the for profit activity pays Walmart while nonprofits get the use of the area gratis.

I doubt you'll be welcome at Costco, they already have insurance relationships.

Keep in mind, people don't go to Wal-mart or Sam's to buy insurance. So you'll basically just be limited to gathering leads.

my objective would be to get leads...maybe entice people with a raffle or something... if I could sell a few while there then great.

I only bring it up because I was speaking with a local siding company and they say 30% of their business comes from their booths at Costco and wal-mart. Sadly he told me he couldn't tell me how he got set up there...

These companies all have very strict rules and I'm having a hard time imagining them approving a booth or table setup for an IA.

Just my 2 cents.

If your local Costco is in a state where their insurance products are approved, you won't make any progress. In addition to Ameriprise, they offer Aetna for IFP major med.

We have local companies (business members) hawking siding, HVAC, window dressing and a few other things as well at Atlanta Costco stores. I don't know how many units they sell, but the HVAC booth has been manned for several months now, usually by a frumpy woman.

They also have a booth manned (and womaned) to peddle their cell phone offerings. The folks who work in the cell phone booth are generally better looking than the HVAC peddlers.

My daughter has been very successful collecting leads at a new and expectant mothers event hosted by a local hospital.

Back