marketing campaign

agent C

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am a new multi line agent I was wanting to see if anyone had any marketing campaign ideas to generate p&c leads. What I am doing right now is asking for referals form every person I write, putting flyers in teachers boxs at local schools, cold calls, and a small amount of advertising through a local magazine, and of course letting everyone I come across know what I do. Any advice on a co-op marketing campaign geared toward mortgage lenders an real estate agents would be greatly appreciated or any other advice you could provide to get things really rolling.

Mortgage brokers and real estate agents are already inundated w/junk mail and marketing offers.
I get the best results from stopping in their offices with candy or water bottles, and talking with them about some recent cases I've written, and how easy I make it for them.

Real estate agents talk a good game, but I get most of my leads from the mortgage brokers.

Agent C, a couple of ideas off the top of my pointy head:

Align yourself with professionals who share your target market. Examples would be life/health agents, realtors/mortgage brokers, CPA's, car dealers, real estate investor groups, etc. These can be loose, casual relationships or something more concrete.

Circulate within your community and become well known as an expert in your field. Create events/seminars/workshops with your professional partners at which you can speak to different kinds of groups. Join the Rotary, Kiwanis. Just don't be too pushy. Let people get to know you.

And the ideas posted above are great. Get a gross (144) of apothecary (candy) jars online with your logo printed on them. Fill 'em with Hershey's Kisses and leave them at the offices of your targeted professionals. Stop by every couple of weeks to re-fill the jar and chat. They'll start looking forward to your visits. Plus, it's one HELL of a lot cheaper than buying advertising. Target, focus, target, focus.

I tried to post a link to an article I wrote for Senior Market Advisor that also applies to you, but evidently I haven't posted enough to qualify for that. (I've also written a couple of books, but I haven't gotten around to officially pushing them on this site!). Email me and I'll provide the link.

I'm happy to provide input, just let me know. Ask my wife -- I'm FULL of it.

Last edited:
Mortgage brokers and real estate agents are already inundated w/junk mail and marketing offers.
I get the best results from stopping in their offices with candy or water bottles, and talking with them about some recent cases I've written, and how easy I make it for them.

Real estate agents talk a good game, but I get most of my leads from the mortgage brokers.

I agree with this. A GREAT real estate agent may do 2 deals a month. Good real estate agents usually are the listing agent, which makes it hard to get much business from them. Still worthwhile, but not as productive as some would make you think.

Mortgage brokers, back in the day, were doing 5 to 6 loans a month, many of which would need insurance to get the loan completed. They would also be more concerned about getting the paperwork done, rather than getting a kickback (not always the case), making your services more valuable.

Unfortunately, today, mortgage brokers are doing 1 or 2 deals a month. Still decent, but much harder to make a good living from these referrals.

Also, keep in mind you aren't the only one trying to get their business. You need to have a reason for them to do business with you.

Dan

Back