Marketing Dual Eligibles for Medicare Advantage

Re: Medicare Advantage

Anyone know a great way to market dual eligibles for Medicare Advantage?

Yeah contact Rick, also know as Greensky I was contracted through him for a Dual Eligible product and used a mailer from him that pulled 8% response....unfortunatly as these responses came in said carrier entered CMS sanctions and could not accept new business...

correct me if Im wrong but arent most duels Medicaid and Medicare eligible..

Medicaid is very low income.. I dont understand how you can maket a health product to very low income individuals. I suppose mail would be the only choice. A few years ago I went to a United Healt Care meeting about duels and came away shaking my head. I was asking for ideas about how I could market to Duels and all the response I got was ..Churches and Low income Housing centers. Needless to say I wasted 3 hours of my time.

correct me if Im wrong but arent most duels Medicaid and Medicare eligible..

Medicaid is very low income.. I dont understand how you can maket a health product to very low income individuals. I suppose mail would be the only choice. A few years ago I went to a United Healt Care meeting about duels and came away shaking my head. I was asking for ideas about how I could market to Duels and all the response I got was ..Churches and Low income Housing centers. Needless to say I wasted 3 hours of my time.

Actually there are more duals that are not QMB Plus than that are. You have the QMB, SLMB, QI-1, LIS. Those are all duals and not on Medicaid.

Since you've been behaving better I'm going to be more gentle than usual.

Duals (not duels) are a wonderful market if you know what you're doing. I have been very fortunate and been able to very effectively market to them in the past. Unfortunately the market is not anywhere near as much fun as it once was and MIPPA killed most of the fun marketing methods. They're still a GREAT market to work, but it does take a certain degree of skill. Most folks don't like the market, I think it's awesome. It all depends on your marketing model.

Duals have been 75% of my market for the past two years. In CA, I have (or actually had - thanks CMS) plans that would work for full duals and share of cost. Added a bunch of benfits that the state pulled two years ago.

Rick

Duals have been 75% of my market for the past two years. In CA, I have (or actually had - thanks CMS) plans that would work for full duals and share of cost. Added a bunch of benfits that the state pulled two years ago.

Rick

I know which Plan that you're talking about. when they pulled the plug on HealthNet, they really created a LOT less choices for people that live in counties that may not have a whole lot of options. At least you're able to get some of those duals later in the year when CMS stops its witch hunt.

Actually there are more duals that are not QMB Plus than that are. You have the QMB, SLMB, QI-1, LIS. Those are all duals and not on Medicaid.

So there can be other qualifications for Duals other than medicare/medicaid? Is this true in every state?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Since you've been behaving better I'm going to be more gentle than usual.

Duals (not duels) are a wonderful market if you know what you're doing. I have been very fortunate and been able to very effectively market to them in the past. Unfortunately the market is not anywhere near as much fun as it once was and MIPPA killed most of the fun marketing methods. They're still a GREAT market to work, but it does take a certain degree of skill. Most folks don't like the market, I think it's awesome. It all depends on your marketing model.

Well please enlighten me as to how you can market Duals?
I enjoy helping people but have no idea how you could possibly make money selling individuals with limited access to phone ,internet etc. In Pa every dual eligible I've spoken with was dirt poor and 90 % of the time it was a friend,loved one,social worker or Church official that was trying to help. I sure as heck wouldnt drive around N Phila looking for duals... although my wife mike like that idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back