Marketing MAPD Plans

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone have any good stategies on how to market
the MA plans this year? It seems like the only way to go is to send out CMS approved business reply cards that will probabley get less than a half a percent return.

It seems like CMS has designed it so only the companies with deep marketing pockets can market these products forcing the small indy agents out of the game.

Does anyone have any good stategies on how to market
the MA plans this year? It seems like the only way to go is to send out CMS approved business reply cards that will probabley get less than a half a percent return.

It seems like CMS has designed it so only the companies with deep marketing pockets can market these products forcing the small indy agents out of the game.

Good question. I can't figure out what the rules are or how to conduct business. I had a lady call me today about an MA plan. She had called me back in August. She was referred to me by a client. I had told her in August that I would contact her during AEP. She called today to see if I had been trying to call her since she had been out of town and didn't want to miss my call.

I told her that I had not called, but, she was on my schedule to call after Nov. 15. She told me to "be sure and do that". I got another memo from Wellcare today that seems to say that I cannot call this lady back unless she gives me permission in writing in advance unless I had recorded the call from her, whcih I didn't.

I really don't see how any company or CMS can tell me that I can't contact people that have told me to contact them.

This has gotten so ridiculously absurd.

The game is rigged to sweeze the small indy agents out. Its all set up for mass mailing and TV commerial for call in applications. Any agent wanting to compete in this market is going to have to get creative or have deep pockets.

Good question. I can't figure out what the rules are or how to conduct business... This has gotten so ridiculously absurd.

It is absurd.

It's absurd to have a CMS imposed 6 year Agent Term Limit (ATL = Rent-A-Agent).

It is absurd to have multi-carrier interpretations of CMS rules.

It is absurd that carriers such as Anthem are requiring newly signed Contract Addendum's that prohibits any outbound unsolicited marketing contact with your clients unless they requested the call.

It's also absurd that the Anthem contract states we can NOT approach members (i.e. clients) in common areas such as a parking lot, hallways, of lobbies. How rude!!!

I'm not signing this Anthem crap. :goofy:

Back